Dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes

Hi, I would like to say hi first of all. This site I've been following for quite some time finally I got registered, after a year, I don't mind as I finally got it done. So, next I guess I'll say my story? Well... At the age of 17 tail end Dec 7th 2014, I got dry eyes I knew something was wrong but didn't know what. So until the next month I asked a normal doctor, what's wrong? I got told I had to see an optician, so I did. I chose spec savers. I got told I had mgd and dry eyes. So drops and baby shampoo and hot water so it was. I eventually got a warm compress, my oils started unblocking. I went back, still dry eyes I got told to use genteal I think it's called, no help. So I searched online and came across theralife, this helped my inflammation as I started producing more tears than usual. I didn't take mgd serious so I did warm compress here and there with only 3-4 seconds. It helped theralife but my eyes got better as the months went by. Fast track to this year, in Feb I got told still troubles with oil glands and if I got it fixed my oils would help my little of what I had water layer stay there. Still 3-4 tbut. I went recently at least 2 weeks ago, still trouble but I did my warm compress more it increased 6 in my right and 6on my left, I got told I had allergies in my glands so to take an antihistamine, and drops with lid scrubs. Wasn't until recently theralife wore off, I dunno why I messaged the company and no reply I told them my mum got angry about it due to orange looking skin. So I got ignored with that. I went back recently last week Thursday, I got told 5-6 on my left and and 6 on my right, I asked about ikervis an anti flammtory drug for dry eyes and severe keratitis, she told me it isn't available in the U.K. When it is... And I asked about serum eye drops, nothing. She told me she couldn't help me with this, and now I'm stuck my eyes only produce tears at yawning and crying. Theralife wore off, I'm using bio tears but no improvement in my tears. I got referred to opthmologist for nhs but this will take ages! So as I get worse with my eyes I have to wait ages. I'm using systane and it makes no difference my eyes are really bad, I'm rather depressed not in so much pain thanks to bio tears, but I dunno what to do. This is where I need help, I can't get restasis unless a prescription is needed, I dunno where to turn. My optremist is just giving my drops, that company ignored me due to it wearing off and no answer why it happened. I do warm compress twice a day, lid scrub, drops, antihistamine. I know someone on here got ikervis but I dunno how. It says prescribed by optician or someone in that field and some where else says nhs. I dunno what to do. I know inflammation is in this, but I can't get much. Can anyone help me with this? I'm interested in oculeves new device but it won't be released til next year and also life grast. And plans for restasis is clinical phase 3 but again next year! I dunno why the tablets wore off maybe too much inflammation? I really don't know why. As I've said could someone advise me to go somewhere helpful or get something that will help that doesn't involve eye drops as they do nothing for me. Sorry for the ranting... :/ I'm just fed up now.

if you want the best opinion, and the cold hard truth , a doctor who Wont try to rip you off and perform uneccesary procedures on you just to run up a bull, go see Dr Latkany in New York. Just from a couple of visits with him I can tell he's the best eye doctor in the country, if not the world. he's been around and has seen it all. If you don't live in NY, then plan a trip there

Comment

I wish I could see him, I can't I live on loan money as it is. I can't afford to go to there see him in one visit. Wishing I could as I heard he's good. I've got a place now that are willing to help aside from eye drops, as they offer more. Thankfully.

Comment

Working...
      X