X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Eyes - Bloodshot white parts of Eye

Hello all,

Posted before but thought I would get conversation started again about red eyes

Currently I suffer from red eyes, much more prominent in my left eye compared to my right eye.

I have had this condition for 10 years (I am 28 years old now) and used Clear eyes when I was a teenager. I believe this is rebound redness

Have stopped using any redness relieving drops for 5 years

Below is history of my attempts to cure my red eyes:

- Natural eye drops
    - 2 surgery's to cauterize the blood vessels on the whites of my eyes
    - Acupuncture
    - Cold compress
    - Patanol
    - FML drops

All of the above failed

After my surgery I was prescribed Flarex and that helped when using daily but my doctor said my eye pressure was too high to maintain and long use of steroid drops was not good

I feel like I have gone nowhere (maybe even backwards) over the alst 5 years trying to fix this issue, spending thousands of $'s along the way.

What currently 'works' for me is to take Neurofen (200mg of Ibuprofen) and this will give me a few house of a bit less redness but I do find if I do this daily then in the morning my eyes are relying on it more.. so I try days to not use it, on the weekend when I don't have much on.

I also have been prescribed Alphagen drops, these work fantastic for 5 hours and give me relief for special events but these do have a slight rebound effect the next few days after. I carry them in my pocket in case I suddenly need them for work meeting or something with lots of eye contact

I find myself looking always away when talking to people to avoid eye contact so they don't see the redness..

1.5 weeks ago I had my first IPL treatment on my eyes and my doctor said that the glands, directly where the redness appears on my eyes, were very blocked and he cleared them with the help of the IPL and squeezing the 'gunk' out.

My next treatment will be in 3 weeks time and my third and fourth treatments monthly after that.

He advised you will not notice any impact after the first treatment, but 'may' notice it after 2nd/3rd.

So far I haven't noticed anything, maybe even worse but I still have hope.

My daily routine is to have a neurofen tablets twice daily mid week and have also started taking daily dosage of Taurine, L-Arginine and Vitamin B2 tablets. Yet to see any results after 5 days in.

Does anyone have any advise or changes to my routine?

Any advice?

I will keep updated on my IPL treatments

U said Patanol drops which is an ocular allergy medication. What are you allergic to? Avoiding the allergens would help.

Comment

I don't believe i am allergic to anything. This was just an avenue my ophthalmologist went down with no result

Comment

You could try seeing an allergist / immunologist in your area to have an IgE blood test done. They will do this to confirm known allergies that are commonly encountered by most people, (dust,mold, pollen, etc.) and then you can rule it out with certainty. It took me 30 dollars and 40 minutes to do this.

Comment

Working...
        X