Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some dry eye/eye strain advice

Hello

I'm a new dry eye sufferer and I'm looking for help. I'm 20 years old and just in the last 10 months I've developed several large red veins on the whites of my right eye and it has left me very depressed. I had been using a computer for hours on end, and just wasn't educated about eye health.

Now my eyes feel dry on a regular basis and these veins just won't go away, not even fade slightly.

My family doctor laughed and didn't want to refer me to an optician so I assume my condition is not as bad as most but I'm unsatisfied and definitely concerned about it's progression with age later down the road.

I ended up seeing an optician anyway who prescribed new glasses for astigmatism and gave me Blink tear lubricating eye drops.

I'm using them about once every two weeks.. I'm not sure how often I should use them but I don't want to become dependent either.

I drink 8 glasses of water daily and I've avoided the computer for 3 days straight a few times but it's not helping much.

I need a real daily routine. Please help me.

Last July this would have never crossed my mind.. amazing how fast things change.

Hi there!

So you only have to use tears once every few weeks? Most people on here use drops hourly! Not trying to say there is nothing wrong but hopefully make u feel better that a lot of us have it lots worse..

Do you use any warm compresses? What is your diet like? Also, you can purchase moisture chamber glasses to use while you are on the computer, these may help. They are available at the dry eye shop on this site. They are not "pretty" but they work pretty well! I would also ask the doctor about punctal plugs and potential allergies?

Comment

stop using computer for a period time, your family doctor Can't understand what you feel.

Comment

Nothing works better then serum drops .. Don't waste the time ask you doctor to put you on.

Comment

Working...
        X