Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lasik induced eye pressure/strain and sinus pressure. HELP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasik induced eye pressure/strain and sinus pressure. HELP!

Hello.

First I would like to thank the admins of the site for creating such a site that is providing support for many folks who have had complications with Lasik.
    I had Lasik about four months ago and I have regretted my decision for every single day since. I’m a younger fellow that just finished graduate school and finally got a good
    Job and decided to get Lasik since I was in a better financial place. Lasik was recommended to me by my family and friends.
    My mom kept pushing me to get it done. Finally I found a very reputable doctor And had it done. Unlike many people I did not hear anything negative about Lasik. I wish I had seen sites like this before I had Lasik.

I felt that the technology must have improved and there is no way they would be doing Lasik if it was harmful. I was wrong. I also feel betrayed by the healthcare system and the FDA that is supposed to protect the public and informed them. The Lasik center I went to did not mention anything negative about Lasik. They have you sign the consent form last minute secretly. I think the FDA can at least force them to show a short 5 minutes of the side effects but money is the root of all evil and this is very profit driven industry.
    I had the bladeless custom wave front. Had significant astigmatism in one eye and a severe astigmatism in the other eye. After the surgery I had blurry and double vision for 3 months. They told me “you vison might fluctuate for about a week”. I almost lost my job because I could not function. I had a hard time driving and I had vertigo. After my vision settled to a considerable residual astigmatism, I started seeing many floaters that I had never seen before. I was devastated and soon started feeling depressed and the anxiety started hitting me. These floaters are life changing for me. I see them every day. After a few weeks of feeling devastated I got hit with the dry eyes. I found myself waking few times a night looking for my drops.

As if these complications weren’t enough I got hit with this weird eye pressure (Behind the eye) sinus pressure eye strain. At the time I told my doc to give me a prescription for the residual astigmatism thinking that it would solve the eye strain (pressure behind the eye) I have -2 in one eye and -1 in the other eye. Few people told me that this can be caused by misbalance in the eyes and binocularity issues. They are really pushing me into doing an enhancement to get rid of the residual astigmatism. They did not want to give me prescription for glasses and had to force them.
    I got the glasses and they do make things a lot sharper but they are VERY uncomfortable. They make me feel dizzy and after 2 week I haven’t gotten used to them.
    They also didn’t help with the strain and pressure behind the eyes and sinus issues.
    I look online and many people have had the same problem with the sinus and eye pressure problem after Lasik. Especially in the left eye. My dryness is somewhat better now but still dry.
    I’m starting to think now that Lasik has induced some allergies or some nerve damage that is causing this. I also have these red veins across my eyes that I never had before.
    I am now stuck in making a decision on if I should do an enhancement and doc is really pushing an enhancement and he is not charging me and I have significant astigmatism left.
    Has anyone experience behind the eye pressure and sinus pressure after Lasik ?
    What do you think about getting an enhancement and why are my prescribed glasses feel so uncomfortable.
    Any suggestion and recommendation would help me greatly.
    Thank you.

Sorry to hear about this.

I had lasik 4 years ago, which left me with dry eyes and a perscription as well.

I would recommend caution with an enhancement, especially since you experienced dry eyes after the first procedure. Causing additiinal nerve damage might not be the best ides.

Comment

Working...
    X