Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie looking for some advice on RGP contacts Please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking for some advice on RGP contacts Please!

Hi I have been wearing contacts for 10 years up until about 5 years ago I had to stop. I don't know what happened but I have tried every soft contact out there and they just wont work on my eyes.

Here are my side effects:

I can wear the contacts for about 1-2 hours but this is waht happens:

- HUGE black under eye circles.I look like someone has punched me in the eye for 2 days.
    - My eyes are sore like they are bruised for 1-2 days
    - When I take the contacts out I am peeling them from my eyes
    - Eye drops don't work unless I put them in my eyes every 2 minutes.
    - Doctor says I do not have dry eye syndrome (which I disagree)
    - Colors look off the 1-2 days then go back to normal
    - I feel like I have a sinus infection and I get the sniffles for 1 day

Its almost like they are suffocating my eyes. I don't know I dont get it but I am so drepressed I have to walk around with big thick glasses now. My perscription is -10 so you can imagine how thick they are.

Lasik is not an option because I am too much of a risk with my really bad vision. Plus they told me they probably couldnt get me to 20/20 I might still have to wear glasses.

So what do you think about me trying the Gas Premiable contacts?

I have been to so many eye doctors they just want me to try a million soft contacts and they just don't work anymore.

Please help! Thanks for any advice.

Hey Bella,

How did you O.D. rule out dry eyes? Did he perform any tests? Schirmers? TBUT?
    It sounds like there may be allergies invloved as well (sniffles). You may want to check that out as well.

Re lenses: many patients on the boards have had great results with them.
    I had mine fitted by Dr Gemoules in Texas (who is amazing) and unfortunately my eyes can't tolerate them very well.
    It's deffinitely a viable option that works for many people.

However, I would suggest trying to get a better picture of what's going on first - which will help you gage how well sclerals are likely to work for you.

Comment

Working...
    X