Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes after LASEK surgery 8 weeks ago

Hello,

I guess you hear this a lot, but this is the first time I've ever posted on a forum, so here goes.

At the age of 43, I decided to have Lasek surgery a couple of months ago, and have been regretting it ever since. Although my vision has now stabilised and is to all intents and purposes better than 20 /20 in both eyes, I've been suffering quite badly from dry eyes. I appreciate that it's very early days, but I truly did not appreciate quite how distressing this would be, and I am looking to see if anyone suffered from this in the early stages and came through it okay.

I have to admit, I have frightened myself terribly with reading some of the tragic cases here, so perhaps I am being paranoid. However, over the past few weeks, I have allowed the stress and the worry to take over my thoughts most of the day with the result that I find it difficult to concentrate on anything else.

My symptoms are not as bad as some of the poor people I have read about; I haven't suffered any corneal tearing thankfully, but I still have sore and dry eyes a lot of the time. I use Visco tears at night as recommended and usually wake in the middle of the night to put another drop in each eye. I have to use Refresh drops every hour or two, but sometimes it feels as though I could do with instilling more a couple of minutes after I put them in. I try not to use the drops too often as my eyes feel even worse then.

I am ashamed to say I am quite frightened at the moment, so I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has gone through this, and came out of it the other side okay. Any advice on how to alleviate the symptoms would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Working...
X