This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bell's Palsy story

I'm new here. I'm from London, Ontario and I got Bell's Palsy 13 months ago, one day after my baby was born. I still don't blink (my eyelid moves about 25% at the most) but I can close my eye. I used lacrilube 24/7 until I tried lacrisert and loved it (after waiting months for it to be stocked). Then I went to get lacrisert again and it's on backorder again and has been for months. I also just had a platinum weight removed from my eyelid since it didn't help me blink at all and made my eye look droopy. I have a plug too. I need a good back up option other than lacrilube (I hate the blurry vision and oozing eye). I've tried most of the basic artificial tears and my eye would ache.

I've been reading about freshkote, serum drops, restasis, and sclerals and I wonder if any of these would be beneficial to me.

I'm going to try on some moisture chamber clear glasses soon but I'm worried they are going to look strange. I'm going to try some from 7eye (Ziena and Air Dam). Which ones look the most like regular glasses?

Any suggestions? Any other Bell's Palsy people?
Working...
X