Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member in UK - how do people get on with Autologous serum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in UK - how do people get on with Autologous serum?

Hi All - I am new here and I am writing for my wife who is unable to open her eyes without unbearable pain. She has been like this for around 4 years and is beyond desperate. Her MGs have pretty much disappeared and her eyelids have constant sores and ulcers. She's tried every OTC drop and ointment I can find, her current cocktail is Hylo, EyeLogic and VITAPOS. She is taking prescription amitriptyline and cyclosporine (Ikarvis) and, 2 months ago started using allogeneic serum. Nothing has given any noticeable improvement.
    Very soon we expect to receive a batch of autologous serum and we are praying that some good will come of it.
    I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has used and benefitted from autologous serum. Did you find the autologous was better then allogeneic? How log does it take before improvements are noticed? Did you find drops, ointments and other treatments hindered the effects of the serums.
    We are in touch with a Moorfields consultant but its difficult for him to judge things when my wife is unable to walk around the garden let alone take a day to get to London and back.
    Please get in touch if anyone can relate to what she's going through and can help me encourage her that things will get better.
    Thanks
    Ken
Working...
X