Re-introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-introduction

I was here a long time ago, but feel I should re-introduce myself.

I have central serous retinopathy in my left eye. It is a retina problem. I can not read out of my left eye. I have a history of Lupus and heavy use of prednisone. Although it is a little more common in men (I'm a woman), those two other other factors, made me more susceptible.

My Lupus is in remission. However, I have had problems with mild dry eye for a few years. Then, out of no where, about 1.5 years ago, I started to have severe dry eye in my right eye.

I was dx'd with Sjogren's Syndrome last year. My right eye is very dry and it always feels like something is in it. I find it strange that my left eye is still mildly dry...yet my right is VERY dry. Also, I suffer with Blepharitis in my right eye.

Regarding the Belpharitis...I take a cotton swab and wrap it with a pad from OCuSOFT Lid Scrub. I get the liquid out of the pad and onto the q-tip. Then I use a 15x magnifying mirror and gently wipe the top of my lid with the now slightly wet swab. This seems to be helping a little.

All of this seems to have happened relatively suddenly and I am deeply saddened by it. My eyes are my best feature and I don't like wearing glasses...bifocals yet! LOL!

However, I am very fortunate that I can still, on occasion, wear contacts. I wear them, at most, once a week for something relatively special. I don't wear them the entire day. For example, if I am going out to a nice dinner on the weekend, I'll save my use of my contacts for that one event. Then I wear my glasses until the following week. I am very grateful that I can at least do this. So far, so good!

Looking for any ideas, etc. Blessings.

ps Anyone else have severe dry eye in only one eye????
Working...
X