This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i have dry eye

My name is Carlos and i live in America. I lost my job and insurance and have no money to fight this. I dont sleep and just use cheap tears from cvs. No burning as of yet. I now got anxiety thru the roof. If not for my uncle i would be homeless and probably dead. Sorry for the downer post but this is killing me. I applied for medicaid here but with that you still need doctors to accept it. Reading the stories here and the struggles you guys go thru is amazing. Right now i just want to sleep but this and anxiety have got me in a death grip. I guess i deserve this for being lazy. Even if i got a job how would even function on 3 hours sleep if that. Again sorry for the post but right now death would be a better option then this. Pain is my lid mardin for right now. Not severe pain but a annoyance.

Hi,gosh so sorry you are going through so much. Lots of good ideas with dealing with this on here,Id concentrate on the mgd and Blepharitis posts. Also youtube has many good videos on the subject. Most of the things people do to help this is as cheap as warm water compresses,lid massage and omega 3 fish oil which you can buy quite reasonably if you get the right brand. I understand how trying this is,every day I wonder how my eyes will be. It is very hard. Are there any free clincs you can go to? Xx

Comment

Also cold compresses on closed eyes can help with irritation.

Comment

Hi Carlos 80
        I'm so sorry to read that you are not doing fine.
        I know money is very helpful in any disease, but start with the basics. Here you can find a lot of info.
        If your problem is dry eye, the most of the times is due to meibomian gland dysfunction, and you can use the warm compresses to make those oils to go out.
        Sometimes COLD compresses also help, when the pain or inflammation is bad. At least helps in that moment.
        The cheapest option for fish oil is thera tears nutrition, these are around 9 usd in walmart, and they are a month supply.
        I know is very hard, but sleeping is so important to soothe dry eye, please try to talk to somebody, do exercise or something that helps you to sleep.
        Please keep us updated.
        My best regards from Mexico

Comment

Well, what helped me is two things. One is that for eight years now I've been living about 92% on fluid cow milk and cream products. So every day I drink between one and two gallons of fluid cow milk and cow cream products. That could be skim milk, whole milk, 1%, 2%, half and half. For six years that was enough. Then, about two years ago I had some general body tiredness I had trouble dealing with, so I added getting quite involved in religion. Now the combination of living 92% on milk and cream products and participating in religion has me feeling okay, including my eyes.

The National Eye Institute also has good information on their dry eye page: https://nei.nih.gov/health/dryeye/dryeye

Comment

Working...
          X