X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sudden dry eye

Hi,

I new to forum, but i have been brosing for answers for awhile. But nothing has come close to my problems

I have had sudden case of dry eye after visiting 2 lasik eye places for exam for lasik. This appointments were one day and then next day.

The second time I suffered from dry eye the next morning and it has steadily worse since that day in Feb this year.

I put it down to maybe having a reaction to numbing drops for my eyes for the tests they had to do. On the second appointment I had a unknown eye drop inserted after struggling to keep one of my eyes open for test that they needed. I think it was just wetting drop.

That has been the worse eye that had the wetting drop in since that day.

That has few veins showing and the night that the dry came on it felt like had something that eye. Both eyes feel dry and I have tried everthing with no avail and running out ideas i went see optometric physican and he said not much he can fo apart taking drops and that parts of my eye are dry.

I tried warm compress, fish oil, water increase, washing my eyelids and nothing has improved and all i take is Optique drops.

My lids sometimes stick together and are sore in the morning. My night vison has worsened with halos and starring. My eyes are worse in the evenings. My better eye seems to have more problems now and started have some floaters in my vision.

I not sure what to do and how to proceed.

Please help.

Thank you

P.s I never had any lasik done.

//////////////
    Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:23.

Comment

Yeah thats what i thought, but its been about 5 months since it happened.

Comment

Ask about trying doxycycline something I am about to do. Xx

Comment

Well, what helped me is two things. One is that for eight years now I've been living about 92% on fluid cow milk and cream products. So every day I drink between one and two gallons of fluid cow milk and cow cream products. That could be skim milk, whole milk, 1%, 2%, half and half. For six years that was enough. Then, about two years ago I had some general body tiredness I had trouble dealing with, so I added getting quite involved in religion. Now the combination of living 92% on milk and cream products and participating in religion has me feeling okay, including my eyes.

The National Eye Institute also has good information on their dry eye page: https://nei.nih.gov/health/dryeye/dryeye

Comment

Working...
          X