X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red eyes - pingueculas

Hi all!

I have always had red eyes since I was a kid. With different diagnostics, conjuntivits, allergy, and after blepharitis. always with not good results in the treatements, (drops and more drops).
    a year ago I discover I had pinguecula, in both eyes, two and two.My last oftalm told me I have MGD too, (not severe and I dont have almost sintoms, a bit dryness sometimes), probably caused for all the drops I have used in my eyes since I was little. I have checked really a lot in the last months and consulted several oftalmologues and I want to get rid of those pingueculas. I'm a bit scared to be dissapointment, but I think it could be the end of my nightmares.

I would like to know you opinion, having mgd, do you think it is recomendable? Has anyone got the surgery of pinguecula? Could it cause me another problems?

Thanks for listening

Hi,

I'm a KC patient, who had difficulty being fitted with Scleral lenses due to temporal Pinqucula in both eyes.The wearing of the lens aggravates the pinquecula tissue and its almost impossible to be fitted without any issues.

I have thought of removing the Pinguecula surgically, but my Dr did not recommend that. I advise you to search and get some solid feedback before doing the surgery.

Best regards

Comment

I had a Pinguecula in my left eye and had it removed by Dr. ****** in Tampa back in April. Today where the Pinguecula once was is totally clear and white. I had a little bloody discharge after the surgery but I am not sure if it was the removal or the other surgery he preformed. Well worth it gone.

Comment

I'm getting in contact with differents ophtalmologist beyond the one I have been going the last times. And for the moment they havent said it isnt recomended, it's also true they have only seemed by photos.

Comment

Working...
        X