This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagophthalmous

I need some help with recommendation for exercises for incomplete blinking, and ways to keep eyes closed at night. Can not do taping. Wearing onyx sleep shields, but they don't keep my lids closed.

I don't know if these will help, but I was given some exercises because of bad habits (my blink rate was at one or two a minute). The blink exercises I was given were to close the eye gently, count to five, then open it and then 'flare' the eyelid slightly (deliberately widen it) briefly before letting it relax and then repeating the process. The catch is needing to have a finger against the outside corner of the eyelid, the one nearest the ear, and if you can detect the skin folding or straining when you close the lid you're putting too much pressure on when you close it and need to redo it. Do this in sets of ten and repeat ten times a day.

I use a sleep mask, and when an eye is bad I pad it with an oval cotton pad to increase the pressure to hold the eyelid down. Could that work for you?

Comment

Keely: Thank you for your message. I've been practicing the blinking exercises, and the finger method sounds helpful. I will try it. I don't have complete lid closure and my eyes open at night. I wear the silicone sleep shields which create the best seal against getting air exposure. I've tried putting pads into other masks, but my eyes still open up. I wish there were some sort of eye clamps. I also have used ointments and gels, but i'm super sensitive to those. I use Oasis Plus Tears, Refresh Preservative Free Celluvisc, and Autologous drops.

Comment

Working...
      X