X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After four years what worked

Hi,

I have been looking at this site for 4 years and it has helped me so very much. I got dry eye about 4 years ago. It got so horrible at one point that I really did not want to live any longer if it continued so intensely. I went to many doctors and tried so many things. Medications, supplements, warm compresses, I wore goggles all the time, I put every imaginable drop in my eye. It is not completely gone, but here is the one thing that seemed to make the difference....hormones. It took a while to get a doctor to take me seriously, that hormones might be causing the problem. But finally one PA finally tested ALL of my hormones and I was WAY below normal on Testosterone and DHEA. I am a 55 year old female, and yes, we still need testosterone. Anyway, I won't bore you with the combinations that I took along the way over the past 1-2 years, but this is what I am taking now. 10 mg of DHEA in the morning, some fairly strong bioidentical estrogen cream, bioidentical progesterone capsules at bedtime (200mg it also helps me sleep), and very strong testosterone cream which I rub into my eyelids. After doing the testosterone for several months my optician (who has been more help than ANY eye doctor I saw), pressed on my meibomian glands and was happy to report that OIL was coming out of them instead of the previous "toothpaste" he could express in previous exams. My eyes are not perfect, but it was the hormones that made my life good again. It also helped in my energy and focus and I feel happier than in previous years. So, that is my story of success....hormones....simple, boring, non-patenable, somewhat inexpensive hormones (it costs me about $100 per month or less which is CHEAP compared to all the prescriptions and doctors and supplements I went through). If you want more specifics, let me know and I will give more detail. I hope you all find some answers. I know what you are going through. You all have helped me along the way. I just wanted to post this to hopefully give something back.

great news, glad your finding something that works. could you tell me the name of the cream?
    People have recovered, so can we.
    www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Hi. The cream is NOT over the counter. It is prescription testosterone cream and prescription estrogen. You have to get it from a compounding pharmacy with a doctor's prescription.

Comment

Working...
      X