X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 months Wavefront LASIK Xtra complications

I want to introduce my self.
    I had Wavefront Lasik Xtra Surgery (with riboflavin) on August 2016 in Singapore. My Pre ops Myop 6,75 both eyes, astigmatism 1.00 both eyes. I had feel not right in 2 weeks post surgery. My eyes become very dry and one night i cannot open because my eyes was very dry. I am starting to scared, depressed, got insomnia, and still until now.
    I have many complications after lasik.
    I feel burning pain, have foreign body sensation, and have severe dry eyes (should using drops every 30-45min). My vision is not 20/20 but i didn't want to do correction. When in sunny day, i feel dizzy and my vision is yellow, like old movie. I am so scared, my vision is totaly different from before.
    I always see starbursts in day and night, and become worst at night.
    I don't know how to live.

I need somebody encourage me. This will be better.

Any advice is appreciated
    Thank you.

Hi Magna: I am sorry to hear of your problems. I cannot speak to specifically is wrong with your vision because I am not a victim of lasik but I can tell you that there are may people on this forum who have suffered greatly following the procedure and have arrived (sometimes years later) at a place where they can comfortably live with their eyes so please don't despair at this point that you will be like this forever. Because you are so early in the process there is a good chance that given time you will recover, at least partially, if you do nothing. I understand that it can take time. In the meantime there are things that you can do to make yourself more comfortable.

It would be helpful if you could detail what you have tried already.

Aside from the obvious moisturizing drops (make sure they are preservative free) then the first thing I would recommend, given that you are 6 months post surgical is to inquire about punctual plugs. You can start with the dissolvable type that last anywhere from a few days to a month as a test to see if they help. Here is a link to an article that describes the simple procedure. I had that done both upper and lower and I cannot live without them. I would caution you though to avoid the type that do not dissolve but are inserted into the canal and cannot be removed. Make sure they either dissolve or are removable.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...ctal-plugs.htm

I don't know where you live, I am assuming Singapore, but if serum drops are available I would suggest that you get them made up as well. These are made from your own blood by specialty compounding pharmacies and so it is not always possible to obtain them. They contain many nutrients and factors that enable the eye to heal and help to keep the corneas healthy.

Moisture chamber glasses (safety glasses) can also be a big help to protect your eyes from drying out with air movement.

A humidifier at night and in the work place can be helpful.

Avoid excessive computer and TV usage.

Make sure you are eating well and include lots of oils in your diet. Avoid excessive sugar and junk food and most of all get a good sleep. Sleep helps to restore the body and worry is not going to make your problem go away. I understand that you are scared which leads to depression and insomnia but keep searching and trying and I am sure you will slowly improve. There are many seasoned people on this forum who can tell you what worked for them and you need to keep trying and searching until you find what works for you. I wish you luck and stay strong....cheers...F/G

Comment

Thanks SAAG and farm girl, I almost read all your post since i have severe dry eyes post LASIK ,burning and eye pain all the time.and you know SAAG your post also make me still alive until right know because you such inspiring me. i have suicidal thought and severe depression and i dont want to continue my life anymore , i bump my head to the wall many times.I almost not sleep at all 1 months after lasik because panick attack, distortion vision, blurry and hazzy, halo and starburst during the day and night.severe photofobia, light sensitive, floater, loss contrass.i took depression drug ativan, valdoxan and abilify which was make me in the worst condition fainting out many times a day. I quit all the anti depression coldturkey and have problems with sleep until right now. I also criying many times a day till a week ago i try to not. And because sleeping problem i think i destroy my brain , difficult concentrate, easy to forget. I also have many health issued hypotension, severe migrain and headache . I was luckiest person in the world with very good husband and cute1 year old daughter, i had very good job and almost no problem in my life till i ruined everything with LASIK. My surgeon always avoid me since he knew i have all the lasik complications. I came to almost 10 different ophtalmologist in this 5 months , i did 4 punctual plug,many OTC eye drops, autologus serum, restasis, FML, antibiotic oinment, doxyciclin 100 mg, flaxed oil, multivitamin B,C, magnesium, moisture chamber. And all of those seem no result. Make me more more depress. After surgery the others opthalmologist said i was'nt good candidate for LASIK because i have dry eyes before ( that's why i can not wearing contact lense). And thin cornea ( my cornea thickness after lasik just 270 something) . Everyday is just fearness and nightmare to me, Will I get ulcus cornea later because of severe dry eyes? ( i already have cornea erotion) . Will i get post lasik ectasia because of thin cornea? Will i get cataract or glaucoma because of steroid? Will i get retinal detechment because i have floater?will i get blind ? Will all the complications with stay with me forever? I just dont know how to continue my life, I'm disable, I can't become good wife and mother anymore. And i dont have any future life anymore . Sorry for my sad story.and thank you for all the respon

Ps. Sorry for my poor english

Comment

Working...
      X