This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodshot Eyes :(

- I have always had few blood vessels in both eyes maybe due to the fact that my eyes are big.
    - It got worse two months back.. very bloodshot that I can't even look at them in the mirror.
    - I never had any type of eye surgery nor have I wore a contact.
    - I work on computers all day but I try to take frequent breaks.
    - Fluorescent lights irritate my eyes so I got tinted eyeglass. Felling much better now but still bloodshot eyes
    - I went to almost 7 ophthalmologist and they all told me my eyes are fine and there is nothing wrong with my vision just a mild dryness and blepharitis
    - My last Opt gave me a drop, supposedly better than clear-eyes, to hide the insanely large blood vessels; used it for two weeks and paying for it now (rebound effect)
    - Also told me to use preservative free eye drops. I used both Refresh Optive, and Systane Ultra and felt like my eyes are more dry. so I stopped.
    - He prescribed me restasis unfortunately I couldn't afford it
    - I tried systane nighttime ointment and my eyes were 10 times red literally no white spot
    - My doctor thinks I have anxiety issue more than eye issue... he has crystal white eyes, how could he ever understand what I go through everyday
    - I am hopeless, please help!

Dude been goin through the same thing as you for the last few years now. Always noticed some redness growing up but would just shrug it off as dryness from my contacts or whatever . But I had LASIK a few years back and nothing's really changed . You prob have some ocular rosacea and mgd like me. Very sensitive to bright lights, particularly fluorescent , smoke, wind, etc. I was stressin it for a while like you, but then I kind of just stopped worrying so much about it as I realized there's not much we can do now , and started focusing on other things. You may focus on a while , but when you finally just accept it, and focus on what you can control, you'll be much better off. It's hard to accept but the truth is that you are probably focused on it way more than others, if they've even noticed at all. Everyone is usually focuses on a certain flaw of theirs, and they tend to look more closely at that certain things in others. Also , if you're like me, drinking and getting less sleep makes it worse. The times when people have actually made comments about them have been when I was out late and drinking, and then they see me in bright lighting. But if you have healthy diet and get good sleep, people probably won't notice too much .

Comment

But you'll probably want to go through trial and error like I did, and I wouldn't really blame you. Let me just just tell you though that your anxiety will get you way more than your eyes , and really isn't good long term. You have to relax and realize there is not a quick fix- but you can slowly and steadily improve your lifestyle and circumstances , and keep hope that there will be a cure one day, bc you never know . Keep doing your job and stay focused on whatever hobbies you have. If you workout keep doing that to get your mind off of worrying . I'm telling you that you'll get to the point where you wonder why you wasted so much time focusing on this.

But for starters I'd recommend getting a Dr to prescribe you pataday , or pazeo (same thing but a little stronger ) which is an allergy drop, but usually gave me some temporary relief to the redness. Also, you may have heard of this new drug luminese, which is a redness reducing drop that was supposed to be on the market by now but isnt yet for whatever reason . Basically it is a diluted dose of brimonidine, which is the same ingredients used in alphagan-p, a glaucoma drop. It would make my eyes much whiter, and even the lids way less red. The problem is that it only lasts for a few hours, and if you start using it too much, only lasts for like a half hour, and then rebound redness hits. Apparently this luminese is supposed to eliminate the rebound redness, bc it's a low dose, but we'll see. In the meantime , see if you can get your Dr to prescribe you some alphagan-p off label, or maybe give you a free sample . It can be helpful if you use it sparingly , like on a date or an interview.

Comment

Thank you for your insights

Comment

Originally posted by BigApple24 View Post
          But you'll probably want to go through trial and error like I did, and I wouldn't really blame you. Let me just just tell you though that your anxiety will get you way more than your eyes , and really isn't good long term. You have to relax and realize there is not a quick fix- but you can slowly and steadily improve your lifestyle and circumstances , and keep hope that there will be a cure one day, bc you never know . Keep doing your job and stay focused on whatever hobbies you have. If you workout keep doing that to get your mind off of worrying . I'm telling you that you'll get to the point where you wonder why you wasted so much time focusing on this.

But for starters I'd recommend getting a Dr to prescribe you pataday , or pazeo (same thing but a little stronger ) which is an allergy drop, but usually gave me some temporary relief to the redness. Also, you may have heard of this new drug luminese, which is a redness reducing drop that was supposed to be on the market by now but isnt yet for whatever reason . Basically it is a diluted dose of brimonidine, which is the same ingredients used in alphagan-p, a glaucoma drop. It would make my eyes much whiter, and even the lids way less red. The problem is that it only lasts for a few hours, and if you start using it too much, only lasts for like a half hour, and then rebound redness hits. Apparently this luminese is supposed to eliminate the rebound redness, bc it's a low dose, but we'll see. In the meantime , see if you can get your Dr to prescribe you some alphagan-p off label, or maybe give you a free sample . It can be helpful if you use it sparingly , like on a date or an interview.
          Thank you for your insights, BigApple24, patiently waiting for the day I get over my bloodshot eyes that won't ever disappear. My doctor didn't mention anything about ocular rosacea. He wanted me to get tested for hypothyroid and sjogans. And he also gave me the drop you mentioned (I'm not sure if it's the same brand though) they normally give it to glaucoma patients; I took the very diluted dose for about 3 weeks. I'm still paying for the rebound effect... I felt like had I not taken that drop my eyes would have looked much better. But then again everyone reacts differently.. it might work for you. Have you been tested for any allergies? I think that will be my next move. I'm always excited when I go to the doctors hoping they will give me a good news, hoping they would for once say "I think I know how to treat your problem"...but end up leaving feeling oh so blue.

Comment

Hi RedEyez. I have been having the same problem for the past 11 months. My eyes are so bloodshot. I've been to 9 eye doctors. Mine are dry and I also have papillary conjuntivitis (which I think is causing the redness). Maybe check if you have papillaries under your lids? I can't feel mine at all but they are there. Also, my eyes don't itch but I am allergic to cats, dogs, trees, and dust. Also, I would recommend seeing an allergist and having a patch test down for chemicals. They can test you for over 70 chemicals. I found out I am allergic to about 8 chemicals. Unfortunately, none that go in my eyes. I hope you find relief!

Comment

Hi Redeyes227, I have gone through a course of antibiotics because my doctor suspected a conjunctivitis ( I don’t know if it is the one you mentioned) but nothing really worked. Honestly, the only medication that so far worked is steroids, but once I finish the drop, the redness comes back again Is anything working for you? Do you have any tips?

Comment

Hi RedEyes277, you literally just described me! I have papillary conjuntivitis but I can't feel it. AndI am allergic to cats, dogs, trees and dust. And my eyes are bloodshot all the time. Have you found a cure? (mind don't itch either)

Comment

Sorry I meant Hi redeyes! I'm 277 haha the only thing that has helped so far is chrysanthum flower. Have you tried that?

Comment

Working...
                  X