X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with some questions

Hi all!

First let me say what a great resource this is. Have spent the last two days looking through the forums and thought I would dive in with a few questions of my own, hoping that some people are able to give me some advice.

My symptoms are moderate to extreme redness in one or both eyes at sporadic intervals (without pain). The redness is heavy in the morning right after I wake up and subsides after 10-30 minutes and stays good during the day. Gets progressively worse towards the evening. If I get a bad nights sleep or wake up in the middle of the night my eyes are horrible and often the redness does not go away in the morning. There is a sensation of foreign bodies in the eye, sometimes or often the eyes feel itchy, discomfort when reading (after 30 min or so), I blink often (since my eyes are uncomfortable, I guess), I used a lot of computer before and my eyes got quite red while doing so, and my vision sometimes get blurry.

The condition started like 3 years back with very red eyes, probably because of seasonal pollen. Although I also started working at a transportation terminal, bought an apartment that I completely renovated, I stopped exercising and met my wife (so there were quite a few changes for me when my condition started). After the pollen season it was quite fine, but started to get progressively worse like a year ago. Regardless of winter or summer I now always wake up with red eyes, and sometimes it is extreme. It's ups and downs and I am quite fed up with it.

I've been to three eye doctors in Scandinavia, and only one of them complained about my tear production (although it was not that bad, it was just not optimal). Can't say that any of the doctors really gave my condition the attention that I personally would have liked. So I am not sure about what I can do to improve the redness. Currently I take anti-histamines orally and in the eye, I use Artelac eye drops and recently started taking omega-3, omega-7, turmeric and drink crysanthemum tea (found it in a previous post here related to acupunture) while eating healthier and reducing omega-6 intake.

1) Do you think this is allergy-related and/or dry eye related? I would very much like to treat it before it becomes painful.

2) Can allergies trigger dry eyes?

3) Is it possible that natural supplements taken orally can have a negative effect on the eyes (for example, like a rebound effect etc. like vascoconstricors)?

And finally, I have started exercising again and find that my eyes become quite red shortly after exercising but sometimes also during exercise: 4) Is that a bad sign, a good sign or does it mean nothing? Should I stop exercising if my eyes become red like that?

Sorry for the wall of text, but in advance, thanks a bunch for taking the time to read my post and wish you all the best.
Working...
X