Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My story: dry eyes 2 years after lasik !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, the last month has been like a roller coaster. I had great weeks with my eyes and bad ones. I have something to share that I hope somebody more experienced than me might help me to understand better.

Since my last post I had a 2 weeks period with perfect eyes, zero bad simptomes, zero need of artificial drops. Then, things went really bad for a full week, dry eyes, burning, etc. Then, from one day to another, eyes recovered again. 2 weeks again of perfect eyes, shirmer tests above 7 (these values were even almost better than before my lasik, when I was using contact lenses for neverending amount of hours per day), doctor did not test the tbut because he saw a perfect dense and well distributed tear with the slip lamp, and he did not see any debris from blefarite in my eyelash. I was really convinced to have solved all my problems once for all. Then, again, all bad simptomes are back for a few days now.

This is not entirely new..I have been always with long period of perfect eyes, and other long period of bad eyes. Why? I can understand that the eye can be a bit better and a bit worst, depending of the day. But, how the eye can go from totally healthy to totally bad? Again, I know that blefarite can be unpredictable, so, still wondering if this is my problem, or mgd, or lack of tears production, or bad nerve regeneration, or allergies, or what? Is this related to food, stress, or what? I feel that doctors change the diagnosis based of what the see at the specific time of the visit, but things change constantly.

I have started Ikervis for a month now. In my good days, I would say that it is working. In my bad days, I have opposite feelings, of course.

Thank you for reading, and eventually share your comments
    Last edited by OcchiSecchi; 02-Sep-2017, 03:19.

Comment

Last edited by MGD1701; 11-Oct-2017, 03:58.

Comment

Working...
      X