This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Sort of sad) to be back...

Hi Everyone. I'm not exactly new here because I was on here for a while a few years ago. I would have stayed to keep in contact and update, but things got so bad with my eyes that using a computer became too difficult - and I had to move house, and loads of other things were going on. I sort of lost the strength for the battle to obtain help from doctors - and decided to try to treat myself whilst saving up to pay privately for scleral lenses - my issues are complicated by having complex vision that isn't sufficiently corrected by glasses (I force myself to ignore the pain and use my rgp lenses for a hour or so each time I leave the house - just so I'm not completely housebound!).

Things took a turn for the worse a while back - and I was forced to seek help from doctors again. Groundhog day......several visits to GP before they seemed to realise how disabling the condition was for me (I think many doctors - both in primary and secondary care hear "dry eyes" and immediately become dismissive of you having a "minor condition".) I'm lucky that having moved house my new GP is (unlike the old one) pretty good. They don't know much about dry eye issues (especially severe cases) but are willing to support me with referrals to hospitals and consultants, and provide me with prescription eye-drops (although I have to buy extra myself because I don't get enough to last from the NHS).

I recently saw a new opthalmologist (I found the recommendation on here actually - after googling) but I'm not sure I've progressed much. I hoped I might be able to get some advice here (and hopefully also be able to share advice in return).

That's about it really here. I thought it best to re-introduce myself after being away for so long. I feel a bit embarassed to be back to be honest. Especially having made no real progress!

Working...
X