Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, totally understand costs can be a big factor. In the U.K., seems Moorfields comes up most often for sclerals and other dry eye treatments, so likely the best place for you to go in the U.K.

Hope the fingerprick autologous blood helps!

Comment

One thing you should be aware of Norabo is that serum tears really aren't necessarily intended to 'cure' dry eye. The reason serum tears are so useful is that the various growth factors and nutrients that are contained in the serum provide a lot of things for the surface of the eye that may be missing when the eye is very dry, or if there is scarring or other abnormality on the surface of the eye. Nutrients that are not available in artificial tears. It can often alleviate dry-eye symptoms in patients who have not had good relief from other available treatments. It can also help non-healing corneal epithelial defects and help to keep the corneas healthy. What I am saying is that, even if you don't find much of a change in your situation when you use the drops, rest assured that they are working to keep your eyes healthy through all of this.

There are other things you can try like moisture chamber glasses and punctual plugs that may give you some relief as well. Above all avoid preservatives whenever possible and NEVER use anything preserved with BAK.

Take heart also in the fact that you are very early on in this process and have not yet passed that time where you can believe your situation to be permanent and unchanging. Dry eye is a very difficult and complex disease but many on this forum eventually through both time and trial and error come to a place where their disease is manageable. Take strength from the success stories on this forum and one day I hope that you will be one of them....hugs...F/G

Comment

Working...
      X