Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated but optimistic

Hi all,
    I requested an account a few weeks ago at the onset of my moderate/severe dry eye, and was hoping it would resolve itself before I needed to use it - no such luck! I'm a 25 year old female who has had mild dry eye since I was at least a teen. I was able to wear contacts comfortably for a year or two then, but never very well since. At the onset of this allergy season, my eyes were actually so dry and hazy that I was having trouble seeing anything (driving at night is AWFUL!). My optometrist is currently trying me on Restasis and Lotemax (one drop, twice a day), with a follow up tomorrow. It's been two weeks on the Lotemax. I've been on Restasis for about a month.
    Additionally, I am taking the following supplements (amounts are per day):

TheraTears Nutrition
    Fish oil, 1600mg
    Flaxseed oil, 1000mg
    Retaine FLAX
    Flaxseed oil, 1000mg
    Evening primrose, 500mg
    - With an additional 1000mg of evening primrose oil as a separate pill. I read that it was also great for general women’s health, which has always been a bummer for me, so maybe this will be a positive thing for that too.

I also have a second round of allergy tests next week, and will likely be going on steroid nose spray (long overdue, my sinuses are awful). Additionally, I am scheduling a physical in the next few weeks to rule out autoimmune, with a particular interest in Sjogren’s. I am also running a cool mist humidifier in my bedroom along with an air purifier (which we just bought yesterday). It helps me sleep a LOT, along with GenTeal gel drops right before bed. I had a few morning where opening my eyes was just awful, but it's much more bearable now.

Honestly? I'm having more "good" moments than I was a few weeks ago, before the Lotemax, but in moments of frustration I find myself forgetting that. I've lurked a bit and I know how long many of you have struggled, so I'm sure my "month of annoyance" sounds very minimal.

I've enjoyed reading many posts up until this point, and I am looking forward to staying in touch with all of you!
Working...
X