Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help please! red eyes for months and noone knows what's wrong!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you in any pain at all? Is it constant? I have MGD/rosacea and know what helps me but it's basically what everyone has said above. Demodex treatments, paleo diet (trying to be more strict though), Restasis, doxycycline ect. I wish I had more answers for you! Sometimes my eye pain feels like the "inner eyelid" but it's just the MGD flaring. How many doctors have you gone to?

Comment

Last edited by MGD1701; 26-Sep-2017, 04:37.

Comment

Hi minniemouse
        bio just means organic vege/fruit and avoid meats/fish (fed with corns, hormones, antibiotic etc)

Comment

thanks for the reply, I hope I get better soon, my eyes get so red in the evening so I do think it is something to do with dryness. so fed up of this now!

Comment

Hi Faith1989 , I wouldn't say I am in pain, it's odd, it's just when I close my eyes sometimes it feels like my eyelids are burning almost, and my eyes are bloodshot when I first wake up, then they clear a bit and look fairly OK throughout the day until it gets to about 7 or 8pm then they just go red. how did you get diagnosed with MGD and rosacea? I have seen probably about 4 different ophthalmologists in the UK and none of them are sure what's wrong with me, they all say it's a mystery which isn't much help to me! it's really starting to get me down now and affect my social life

Comment

hi everyone, not sure how to start a new post so replying off the back of this one and hoping someone sees this! I have been diagnosed with TMJ by dentist and starting to wonder after extensive interest if the 2 are linked. he is in the process of sorting me out a splint to wear at night. has anyone else got TMJ and eye issues and can shed any light or give me any advice on this ? thanks

Comment

Hi. My GP thinks I have TMJ (I've suspected I had it for a while now). Told me to go to a dentist but I haven't got round to it yet. I've heard people suggest there's a link between TMJ and eye issues (I remember a thread on here from a few years ago about this - I'm sorry I can't remember more now).

It would be great if the splint helps you - and I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it

I think one link is stress. TMJ can be caused or worsened by stress, and dry eye issues are also worsened by stress. Obviously having dry eyes issues causes or exacerbates stress so it's sort of a vicious circle to an extent.

Comment

hi Charlie. thanks for your reply. it helps to know there are other people going through the same thing! I went to the dentist yesterday and they took moulds of my teeth, I will be fitted with the splint in 2 weeks time so I will let you know if I notice any improvement. I work with computers so it doesn't help that I have a stiff neck and shoulders which again like you said can be caused by stress! I'm trying to combat each issue differently such as trying to improve my posture, plenty of yoga poses and stretches when getting up in the morning and also try to stay calm and de-stress. (easier said than done sometimes!!) I have asked my eye doctor if he thinks there could be a link between the TMJ and eye problems, still waiting for him to get back to me so I will let you know what he says. one thing I did notice is that as I was having such a stiff neck and back and in real bad pain the doctors prescribed me diazepam (a muscle relaxant) for 5 days and I noticed a definite improvement in my eyes when taking this. it does make me wonder if this is all due to lots of stressed knots and nerves in my body!! I have seen other people write about links between TMJ and eye problems - here is a link https://www.tmj-relief.com/why-your-...e-socket-pain/
                  I do wonder if this could be explain my problem as I had no idea I had TMJ until my friend told me my jaw was clicking when I yawned. I had never noticed it, could have been like it for ages and I've just never picked up on it! the eye doctor has also told me my eyelids are just inflamed and they're not sure why, perhaps this is the answer. I will keep you updated anyway with how I get on.

Comment

Working...
                  X