Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meibomian Gland disfunction

Hi All,

I have suffered with blepharitis and dry eyes for over 10 years but lately my ophthamologist is telling me I have MGB as well. Still no real help from her...I religiously use warm washcloths both morning and night, scrub with Ocusoft Eye Scrub, take Doxy, take omega 3 supplements, drink water and now sometimes use Azasite for a week or so at a time. I also, of course, use artificial tears...have tried just about all brands with limited success. It just seems to be getting worse and worse. (I know...old age...I'm a 66 year-old female!) At any rate I have read that some doctors, like Steven ****** in Florida, are performing a manual gland probing on patients and I would be in his office in a minute if I didn't live so far away. I live in N. Idaho, about 2 hours from Spokane, WA. I am a patient at the huge Spokane Eye Clinic but my ophthamologist insists she doesn't do MGB expression nor does she know anyone who does. (Makes me wonder about how good she actually is, esp. when I also have glaucoma!!!) So...my question, does anyone know of anyone in the Spokane area who does this procedure? I would also be willing to travel to Seattle if necessary. I have read that a Dr. Hughes in Seattle may do this procedure. Any contact information anyone may have would be appreciated. Again, I AM willing to travel, it just seems like there should be someone in my area.

Thanks,
    Linda W.

I've been using hormone eyedrops for less than a week now, and do notice some improvement in the quality and amount of oil my glands are pumping out. I am still not "right", and am hoping given a little more time, the situation will improve markedly. We will see. The drops are .05% progesterone and .05 testosterone. My eye doctor prescribed them, and I am, like you, a mature person! I thought about probing, but the least invasive options seem like the ones to try first. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
    X