No announcement yet.

Tarsorrhophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your intraocular pressures checked asap. Any high street optometrist can do that as a walk-in.
    It's just the normal eye pressure check which the optometrist does. Do you have a nice high street optometrist? The best ones for us work 'portfolio' both in high street chains and hospital eye clinics. They can be great backup, and they can refer fast-track anywhere they want. Whereas the GP may not to know how to refer as 'emergency'. At least ours doesn't.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by ChristineG View Post
      Lotemax made me really bad, went so red, made me feel ill, back on vexol, first time I put them in again, eyes went really red straight away
      I'm guessing you have a serious allergy to some component in Lotemax, the preservative for example. I am like you. Not to worry. When next time you are prescribed anything for your eyes, tell them the symptoms you have had with Lotemax and the other. Then, ask if it is an allergic reaction. Then, if the doctor says yes, be sure always to inform everyone that you have allergies or at least sensitivities whenever something is prescribed.

If you absolutely must use drops or ointments of some sort, you can always test your reaction in one eye first. If ok, then proceed with the second eye. If not, call the doctor who prescribed the drop and let them know what is going on.

Also, if you use any drop, always close your eyes completely, without blinking at all, for at least five minutes and even up to twenty five minutes, after instilling the drop. This should help with some of the burning or stinging. But if you are allergic, best to avoid anything with preservatives.

Also, have you ever been tested for allergies to any medications or do you know of any allergies?

Comment

Working...
      X