This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro and Question

Hello everyone. I am 77 years old. Over the last two years I have gotten MGD on top of my Glaucoma. In the early part of my disease it became so severe that I suffered severe corneal abrasion requiring amniotic tissue graft in my right eye. I've suffered a lot of discomfort over the last couple of years, but my treatment has evolved to the point that my condition is at a tolerable level.

My treatment consists of punctal plugs in all drain ducts, one drop of Restasis in each eye in the morning and evening. One drop of Combigan, each eye in the morning and evening. One drop of Lumigan in each eye in the evening. I also take ICaps Areds formula vitamins twice a day. On this regimen I feel like I have been keeping me just under the threshold of satisfactory treatment and comfort. A recent change has improved that though.

My last doctor visit resulted in adding hot compresses twice a day, lid wipes, and capsules of Omega 3 three times a day. So far, after two days of the hot compresses and lid wipes, I have been able to go without supplemental gels or drops, which I applied many times a day and at night as needed. I am seeing very noticeable improvement.

My question is in regard to timing. I've read the sticky post that contains people's daily treatment routines. Should I apply the hot compresses prior to the Restasis and Glaucoma drops or after?
    Last edited by rbrown3rd; 01-Oct-2017, 06:10.
Working...
X