Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just want to say hi to everyone and document my issues in hopes of helping someone.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could say for sure about the Lipiflow helping. At this point subjectively I am not really sure. Objectively it changed the lipid layer thickness. It went from 47 to 70 nm in one eye. The other eye there was no change. Maybe it was not seated correctly or something in that eye?

Comment

Status update 4/13/2018
      Signs: 7 (1 none ; 10 severe)
      Symptoms : 7 (1 no discomfort ; 10 maximum discomfort)
      Last edited by dano6533@gmail.com; 21-Apr-2018, 10:14.

Comment

Was going to start 50% serum today but arrived home to find out that the package had been stolen. I'll update when I start using the 50% serum.

Comment

Originally posted by dano6533@gmail.com View Post
          Was going to start 50% serum today but arrived home to find out that the package had been stolen. I'll update when I start using the 50% serum.
          Wow, that sucks. Hope the person who stole it finds a lot of use for your serum tears. There should be a special level of hell for people who steal other people's medication.
          What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
          Dry Eye Survey
          IPL Doctors
          Probing Doctors
          PRP Injections Warning

Comment

I posted a sign on the entry to my apartment asking for the thief to return my eye drops and to my surprise they were there in the morning. The box had been opened and they were warm but at least they were returned.

Comment

I posted a sign on the entry to my apartment asking for the thief to return my eye drops and to my surprise they were there in the morning. The box had been opened and they were warm but at least they were returned.
              If they're warm, then they might as well be stolen.

I've heard doctors compare serum tears to milk - they both last about the same amount of time in the fridge. You probably wouldn't drink milk that's been left out all night.
              What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
              Dry Eye Survey
              IPL Doctors
              Probing Doctors
              PRP Injections Warning

Comment

dano6533@gmail.com,

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. My symptoms and signs are not exactly the same but I do understand how frustrating, painful, and depressing this condition could be. I also have had a sudden onset of symptoms (1 month of occasional drops to scratches on cornea and TBUT of less than 5s).

Have you ruled out autoimmune conditions? Lip biopsy, blood work.

Also, have you looked at your hormones? I am not sure how it works for men but for women it is a common culprit/trigger.

Have you seen this report?

http://www.tfosdewsreport.org/index.php?lng=en

Comment

Have not done the biopsy or sjorgens test yet. Maybe I will do that one. How long have you been dealing with dry eye?

Comment

Identifying Sjogrens is a good idea. It doesn't cure your dry eye but can point you in the right direction. Pretty much all Sjogrens sufferers also have MGD, as it turns out mine is pretty bad which helps to explain a lot.

Comment

Have not done the biopsy or sjorgens test yet. Maybe I will do that one. How long have you been dealing with dry eye?
                      Since December 2017. I had negative lip biopsy and blood work for autoimmune conditions. I am very confused about the cause of my dry eye. It started off very mildly (I only noticed it occasionally) and then by January it was bad. My eyes became “stiff” and weird, l had a few very painful episodes. The stiffness went away and the reflex plus yawn tears gradually returned. I have mild/moderate MDG and fluctuating aqueous layer. Now my main issue is blinking discomfort/pain. I got debridement done today and lower punctual plugs. Not sure what to think of that yet. Has your doctor looked at your tear prism/tear meniscus height?

Comment

I am sorry you have to deal with this as well. It is very tough to say the least. Your dry eye seems to have came on suddenly as well, like mine. Mine was within the course of like 2 weeks. Good then bad immediately. I would actually to prefer to have a terminal illness. With that at least you know there will be an end to the misery. With the dry eye thing there is no end in sight. I will not lie, I am at the point where death seems like a great relief. Stay strong and I wish you good fortune.

Comment

I am sorry you have to deal with this as well. It is very tough to say the least. Your dry eye seems to have came on suddenly as well, like mine. Mine was within the course of like 2 weeks. Good then bad immediately. I would actually to prefer to have a terminal illness. With that at least you know there will be an end to the misery. With the dry eye thing there is no end in sight. I will not lie, I am at the point where death seems like a great relief. Stay strong and I wish you good fortune.
                          I'm so sorry youre feeling so bad...have you tried steroids yet? I'm assuming so but I just had to ask.

Comment

Tried them yeah. No luck.
                            i read some of your previous posts and see you have went through a lot of suffering as well. I wish you the best of luck with your treatment plan. i hope you can find some sort of peace.

Comment

Status update 5/18/2018
                              Signs: 7 (1 none ; 10 severe)
                              Symptoms : 7 (1 no discomfort ; 10 maximum discomfort)

Comment

I think the symptoms develop quietly over some time. However, reflex tearing compensates for the aqueous layer deficiency for some time so you feel ok. Until it does not.
                                I feel you. Right now mornings are hard. I was feeling bad for several weeks on and off but I tolerated it. I blinked slowly so it would not be so uncomfortable. And then there was a gust of wind. Mild enough to trigger mild reflex tears and not strong enough to blow them away. I instantly felt normal. I could blink all I wanted, I felt absolutely normal. It feels terrible to literally be nanometers of basal tears away from being normal. So after that insane contrast, mornings have been tough. Waking up and remembering reality.

You should give punctal plugs another chance. I would find out your inflammation score (inflammadry, not perfect but something) and then get a good set of plugs. You have some tears so trapping whatever is there can give you relief. Plus, considering that you have been on Restasis for four months, punctal plugs should not be that risky in terms of inflammation (I am not a doctor, of course).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X