Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just want to say hi to everyone and document my issues in hopes of helping someone.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is the Klarity C information for anyone interested:

https://www.beye.com/product/total-tears

I never heard of this thing until 1 month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dano6533@gmail.com View Post
      here is the Klarity C information for anyone interested:

https://www.beye.com/product/total-tears

I never heard of this thing until 1 month ago.
      dano6533@gmail.com thank you for sharing! I have never heard of it, too. Have you had the inflammadry test done?

Comment

have not
        will do it in the future i think

Klarity c is compounded by a private company or something. Its been almost 2 weeks and I still have not heard from them yet. Ill let you guys know and if this klarity drop actually helps or not.

Comment

When your lids have thick meibum and they're inflamed, they're literally thicker. This makes lid closure an issue and makes your symptoms worse. I would suggest blinking exercises...have you had a lipiview done to check status of your glands? They do a blink test too so I'm curious if you're a partial blinker. This would extend to sleep also...you may sleep eyes open slightly now. Make sure, humidifier at night, don't sleep under a vent and try to wear a mask if you can.

Comment

Dowork123 :
            -I do the blinking exercises
            -lipiiview 2 times, lipiflow 2 times
            -partial blinker yes

Finding any relief is seeming to be near impossible now. See my initial post for more information.

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...elping-someone

What do you suffer from? MGD, aqueous, or both? I'm sorry you have ended up in this hell.

Comment

Originally posted by dano6533@gmail.com View Post
              Dowork123 :
              -I do the blinking exercises
              -lipiiview 2 times, lipiflow 2 times
              -partial blinker yes

Finding any relief is seeming to be near impossible now. See my initial post for more information.

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...elping-someone

What do you suffer from? MGD, aqueous, or both? I'm sorry you have ended up in this hell.
              I have aqueous def and MGD as well as EBMD...I am a partial blinker, sleep with my eyes open, have foamy meibum and have gotten a lot of my symptoms under control...still sucks sadly. But I'm way better, I just wish I could see the good. Anyway, thank you for the sympathy. I'm sorry you're dealing with this as well...it's a pretty devastating condition as you sadly know.

I am pretty familiar with your posts...but I'll go back and refresh myself. So lipiflow had no significant effect? What do you still feel exactly, gritty, pinching, burning, painful to fully blink, pressure, etc?

Comment

Hard to say with the lipiflow. It is very subjective and they tell me it can take several treatments. Burning all the time, occasionally grit feeling. It is odd, when I do a full blink, I mean close all they way, the entire eye hurts and burns even more. I am going to to start using the heat packs again even though it seems like they just make things worse.

I cant imagine having EBMD on top of MGD. That sounds absolutely awful.

What do you do to manage the pain? It must be very painful.

Comment

just got in contact with the Klarity C people. they do not take any insurance period, only credit/debit card. then you are to be reimbursed later. I should have it between 2nd or 5th July. Ill let you guys know how it works. I think there is also a difference in the formulation. Almost need a pharmacist here to tel us.

Restasis

Click image for larger version

Name:	resss.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	212737
                  Klarity C
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Caqwqwqwqpture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	212738
                  Last edited by dano6533@gmail.com; 29-Jun-2018, 16:27.

Comment

So my dr when he first saw me looked at me and basically said to himself, this guy has MGD, if I give him the compress and lid scrub it will fix the inflammation. However, he was wrong...avenova shouldn't not burn your eyes, now that my inflammationnis under control it feels like nothing....but when I first came in, avenova felt like acid in my eyes. I did a 2 month course of steroids alrex 3x a day then tapered to twice a day then once then off...I know for a fact that's the only reason I'm doing so good right now. That long course allowed to to really demolish that inflammation and the clean the glands with heat and lid massage/hygiene. If I hadn't taken the steroids I wouldn't be able to do my regimen..I agree the heat made things worse then. Now I'm good. I just hope some of this helps you in some way.

Comment

heres what the Klarity C one looks like. it is multidose preserve free bottle. lasts one month. they send 3 of them and it cost 150.00 USD plus shipping Click image for larger version  Name:	photo 1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	212876
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	photo 2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	212877

Comment

got more results from the lipiflow
                        -i was told that the structure of the glands has improved with the 2 treatments
                        -the lipid layer thickness of the tear has significantly improved from ~45 before the first treatment to now ~75 after two treatments
                        -i may do another treatment on the 26 July
                        -look on the first entry of this thread to see the images and progression of the lipid layer
                        -as always i will update for those interested, i hope i can help someone out there with this info

good luck everyone

Comment

Thatís great the LipiFlow seems to be helping, at least clinical results are improving. Do your eyes feel a little better too? Sometimes the clinical signs improve first before oneís symptoms improve. Thanks for sharing this update.

Did you happen to ask whether you had any gland loss? Good to get a baseline status, since they are doing images anyways.

Comment

Hokucat :

-hard to say; they might be feeling better. the lipid layer is much thicker now
                            -there is some gland loss in the inner part of the eye lid closest to nose
                            -she said that the structure had improved as the oil and debris was released by the lipiflow, not sure how though, haha

Comment

Thatís good news about the Lipiflow! Let us know how the Klarity C works for you. It sounds like itís a special product by that compounding pharmacy.

Comment

diydry:

-will do about the K-C
                                -it is a special compounded product
                                -they do not take any insurance at all, only out of pocket, then you are to be reimbursed by insurance

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X