X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBIE from the UK!

Hey guys,

I might as well jump straight in. I have been using redness reliever for 5 years (went cold turkey a couple of days ago), and was wondering how long the rebound redness lasts for, and could it be permanent?

My left eye doesn't close all the way during sleep, that is my main issue, also bleph, which I can get under control if I keep on top of my eyelid hygiene!

Thanks

Hi and welcome!

Sorry to hear that! What brand were you using? If you can post that or the ingredient list better yet can look up some info - Very glad to hear you've learned what they can do and are pulling the plug There's really a couple of issues with those drops, one is the rebound effect (dilation of the blood vessels), another is damage done by chronic use of the preservative. I don't actually know, but I'd guess it's the latter that's most likely to cause the lasting harm.

But more importantly there's lots you can do about the other issues! I was just speaking today with someone whose doctor had been lecturing her about the immense importance of lid hygiene It's really, really worth the effort if you have chronic bleph especially. Also some attention to methods is good. For example, the classic baby shampoo is step-forward, step-backward, whereas a more gentle cleaner without any 'detergent' type ingredients can help without hurting.

Do you have good remedies for overnight? thick lube, and/or sleep mask or something?

Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca,

It was Bausch and Lomb Maximum Redness Reliever (Naphazoline Hydrochloride 0.03%, preserved with Benzalkonium Chloride 0.01%) that I was using for 5 years!!

Yes, I use Hycosan night ointment at night. It's okay I guess, and I use Bicarbonate of Soda to clean lids. The crustiness has gone, but still a little bit of stinging when I go outside when it is cold!

Could you recommend something for Bleph? Do I need some sort of antibiotic wipe?

Comment

Working...
      X