Hello! Newbie here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Newbie here...

Hello everyone! I’m brand new here. Developed dry eyes and dry mouth within 30min one random night in Jan of 2016. I was tested for Sjogren’s but it was negative. The dry mouth slowly faded but the dry eye gradually worsened to the point I could no longer wear my contacts. Even without them in they were terrible. It’s been an up and down journey with months of good treatment and then a spiral down since that night in 2016. The emotional toil this has had on me has been an understatement. At any rate, hello!

Hi there, I’m new as well! Sorry to hear that this has been consistent since 2016. I’ve been wearing glasses too and have a pretty high prescription (sans all makeup). Hopefully you have a good support group. Wish you all the best here.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Its a long road and journey.

For example i had a terrible night but woke up feeling ok and put on my swim goggles to block all wind. Went to the park and had lunch on Lake Michigan with my mom. It was so beautiful i cried. Ive been bedridden for a while. To play outside with the dog and walk along the lilac covered park shore. I didnt feel much pain with the wind and sun shining on me. All the sensations filling my brain.

But im back at home now and starting to pick up as usual. Even using Alrex steroids still a bit if inflammation after getting lipiflow friday. If i just fill my eyes with thick mineral oil they are ok but ive heard it clogs the glands. Mine are almost all blocked up.

A long road ahead. I cant do warm compress now. Too much inflammation in my bad eye. But how can i unblock the glands without the heat? Haha

Comment

EdMunder, sorry to hear of your struggle. It sounds like a difficult road for you for sure. Yes, it’s always nice to have good days where we can enjoy something with lesser dry eye pain and irritation. Are you using steroids for inflammation?

Comment

Working...
          X