Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Chalazion, Stye, Blepharitis?] New here :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chalazion, Stye, Blepharitis?] New here :)

EDIT: I just posted my story in the my story thread, hope that is alright
    http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ritis-My-story

--------------
    Hi guys,

My name is Daniel, I am 22 years old and got diagnosed with Blepharitis one and a half years ago. I am still quite unsure if my Blepharitis is chronic, and if I also have a Chalazion or Stye (I personally think I have a chalazion).

I am aware of the fact that having a Chalazion or Blepharitis can be different from the many terrible dry eye stories I am reading on this forum. I am wondering if there is a special thread to discuss this, or if it is okay for me to just post them in the general threads (for example, my story.)?

Looking forward hearing from you and sharing my story.

Daniel
    Last edited by dan22222; 13-Aug-2014, 08:05.

Originally posted by dan22222 View Post
    I am aware of the fact that having a Chalazion or Blepharitis can be different from the many terrible dry eye stories I am reading on this forum. I am wondering if there is a special thread to discuss this, or if it is okay for me to just post them in the general threads (for example, my story.)?
    Hi Daniel, welcome.

It's all good, everything can go in Open Forum, Introduce Yourself etc. We have a lot of topical forums but use them mostly as an archive of old posts so that people can find stuff easier. While this place is called 'Dry Eye Talk', the fact is "Dry Eye" is really just used as a catchall term for anything and everything that affects the tear film... from the production side (lacrimal and meibomian gland diseases etc) to distribution (eyelid issues) to drainage (tear duct issues) and all sorts of ocular surface diseases and injuries. Dry eye is really a dumb term - it implies lack of moisture, properly aqueous/lacrimal insufficiency, and frankly only a minority of "dry eye" patients suffer primarily or exclusively from that.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X