New member, confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, confused.

Anas ibn Malik reported: A man said, “O Messenger of Allah, should I tie my camel and trust in Allah, or should I untie her and trust in Allah?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Tie her and trust in Allah.
    Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2517
    Last edited by shad248; 11-Nov-2015, 14:06.

Anas ibn Malik reported: A man said, “O Messenger of Allah, should I tie my camel and trust in Allah, or should I untie her and trust in Allah?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Tie her and trust in Allah.
    Last edited by shad248; 11-Nov-2015, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by shad248 View Post
      I bought a bottle of systane balance after using free samples weeks ago. It seems to burn my eyes my a lot and I feel like my eyes become more wet/teary naturally without the drops than they feel with them. I was taking it over 4x daily now I'm only taking it 2x because it feels mainly useless and actually causes pain.
      Hello Shad, I hope you find a solution to your problem. Quick question: is the systane preservative free? I ask this as it is generally recommended to use preservative-free drops .... Best, ~Gerri

Comment

SEVERIAN2 .....

Comment

Hello, sorry your having such an awful time, I've had dry eye on a level since I was 20, I now 27 and going through the worst bout of it, I've been diagnosed with mgd finally, the burning I felt and am still feeling less frequently was due to the toxic oils from my glands, whenever I feel this burning I try to do a warm compress and then put my drops in. I'm not working at the moment so I have time to do this, hope they behave a bit more when I can get back I work. With drops if they burn when I put them in they are not suitable, I don't even try a second drop or give them a chance, Is hate to think how much money I spent trying drops. I now use vismed multi pres free 0.18 and thera tears, they are the only drops that agree with my eyes, the vismed according to the last opthalmologist I saw helps your epithelial layer heal too. Systane ultra single dose have been advised by last opthalmologist I saw so I'm going to have them prescribed when I can get to doctors. I also do a lot of blinking exercises which I found here http://www.harvardeye.com/about/patient_resources.html when my eyes start to burn I do them. I also make sure I do an exaggerated complete blink now and then.

2 opthalmologists missed my mgd because they didn't examine my meibomian glands, I'm just thinking if your eyes are burning all time then this could be causes, when stagnant oil seeps in to your eye. This website explains things quite well, http://www.revoptom.com/content/c/15811/ and gives some food for thought.

I'm in to my fourth month of taking omega 3 triglyceride form and seabuckthorn oil, I think they must be helping because things are getting better.

Hope things get better
          Last edited by cathy8889; 21-Aug-2014, 10:27.
          27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Cathy how does your skin look? Do you have acne prone skin? Any redness?

Comment

Hi Faith, I still get acne down the side of my neck quite a lot and the odd spot in face. the last ophthalmologist I saw asked if she could look at my face more closely and said I had some patches of red, I'm quite pale, but this was at start of examination and she didn't follow on from this. Could this mean anything? Thanks
              27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Umm yea. I have acne prone skin to and a little redness sometimes. This acne rosacea can cause ocular symptoms. Have you read "Rosacea 101?" Even Dr.latkany recommends it. I would read it and try the diet in it, in combination with doxycycline. I also wash my eyelids with a bar of antibacterial soap. Be careful of this though-some may react to the soap but I'm fine. I when I follow low carb and VERY low sugar, I am better. Once I start adding back the carbs (even fruit) I get lid redness.

Worth a shot.

Comment

Last edited by shad248; 11-Nov-2015, 14:07.

Comment

shad248:

Anxiety is an issue for a lot of people with this (well, and probably most chronic conditions). One thing that's REALLY IMPORTANT is to keep some perspective. Sites like this are a magnet for people in crisis - so that's what you're going to see when you come here. When they get better, they leave, naturally, because they move on with life. Some precious precious few (you know who you are and THANK YOU) hang out to help others, and some others whom I can't thank enough drop in once a year or two to let us know how they're doing. I'm so lucky that I get to talk to people at all different stages in their journey - I wish I could convey the 'bigger picture' better here. I get to hear from people all the time who got better and that's what gives me hope for everyone here.

It's really easy to lose perspective on the probabilities and the reasons for hope when you surround yourself with people who are having a hard time. On the other hand, it's necessary to connect with people who actually understand! So my advice is, be aware of this negative effect and do what you can to counter it. For example, for every post you read in the open forum, make sure you also read something in the TRIUMPHS section.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Comment

Update: I've stopped all artificial tears and found a remarkable improvement. Maybe the augmentin is helping. I'm still not back to my natural baseline and my GP recommended that I see someone at Mass eye and ear. I will be taking oral predisone 20mg 2x daily for 4 days in meantime and continue with augmentin. I'm hoping the prednisone will reduce inflammation and bring me back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                        X