Rce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rce

I was diagnosed with RCI two years ago. After a long struggle, I found a doctor that put me on Prednisolone plus Muro 128 at night. I am now doing one drop a day and eyes are very good now. I am concerned about staying on eye drop for long term as every time I stop, my eye starts to bother me. Anybody else use this eye drop and for how long?

prednisone "cures" a lot of us, as it is a very strong steroid that reduces inflammation. it should not be used for extended periods of time due to the complications it causes. if your doctor is allowing you to stay on it daily for an extended period of time, i would consult with another doctor

Comment

Hope you're having your pressures checked regularly? Steroids are not a long term solution. Some people stay on Lotemax (that's a lower dose steroid) for awhile but I sure wouldn't be on Pred any longer than necessary so I'm glad you're looking into alternatives. Do you know what's 'behind' your RCEs - is it strictly from dry eye, or MDFD, or from an injury? Do you have erosions in both eyes?

Erosions at night usually happen when there are sudden eyelid movements. Taping the lids down, or using a goggle like Tranquileyes that can keep the lids still while also keeping your eyes more hydrated can be helpful in preventing erosions. A drop called FreshKote is also very good with erosions (one drop nightly and in the morning).
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca, is freshkote preservative free?

Thanks
        Cath
        27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Nope. It has a very mild preservative. It's the only one I'd tolerate personally in an otc drop.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you, I think I will try and get hold of this. I worry about my eyes at night, I think that's when my temporal pinguecula developed

Cath
            27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

I had an injury to my eye 40 years ago and now have erosion in that eye. Is Freshkote a prescription? Looking for options as I see doctor next month and know he will take me off of Predisolene. Mauro 128 really helps me at night. I like to keep informed on my condition.

Comment

Working...
              X