New, and Hopeful Patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, and Hopeful Patient

Hello everyone, Im a dry eye patient, been one for a while, and it sucks! I know you all who are or were dry eye patients can agree with me on that. But anyways, I was diagnosed with Blepharitis(Posterior and Anterior) back in June of this year. I've been doing the regimen the doctor has been telling me that I believe some, if not all, people do if they have Blepharitis (Warm Compresses, lid scrub and massage, etc.) But, unfortunately, it hasn't been working. My eyes are still very bad, so bad that eye drops, in general, aren't working, the punctul plugs I've tried and still have in my lower two puncta aren't working(even while using eye drops), that I notice my eyes blinking almost always, I could go on and on. Anyways, I'm hopeful that this will all go away some time in the future, and that I can just enjoy certain things I used to while not having dry eye syndrome. I'm in the process of scheduling an appointment with a new eye doctor because the various doctors I've seen in the past at the last eye doctor place I've been to generally are not very helpful with my ailment. I would love to hear some encouraging words from other dry eye patients, so plz, do post!

Welcome! Keep in mind that this whole process is trial and error (I know that is not encouraging but it is the reality). You may try a number of doctors, all sorts different types of eyedrops or pharmaceuticals, and various therapies before you find the right balance.

Now, being where you were many years ago (I'm going on 8 years of this), I can say that it will get better. When I first suffered the symptoms of dry eye it was the worst I have ever been. Eyes stuck shut in the morning, constant redness and burning, and forget walking anywhere near a breeze. That should encourage you because you have nowhere to go but up!

It still is a battle some days--I'm still experimenting with different things, too. We all are. Participating, or just lurking, on this forum will help you immensely. Some of the newer therapies, such as IPL, or prescriptions, like doxycycline, I never would have known about had it not been for DEZ. You're in good hands and good company. Keep us updated on how things go with your new doctor.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply No tears in ATL and welcoming me. I also believe that this will get better (at least I hope so). Its been 3 years and a little after a month as far as how long I've had dry eye syndrome (DES). Having DES is a sucky battle for me, but I'm fighting through it. I have an appointment next Monday at a new eye place.

And yes, DEZ has been very helpful; I hadn't known about some things until I had looked around on here. And I will keep you and anyone else updated on how everything is going No tears in ATL. Hopefully it gets better for both of us.

Comment

Working...
      X