Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryness After Relex Smile

Hello All Dry Eye Zoners,
    This is my first post. I had the Relex Smile Surgery on 5/1/14 at the Tilganga Eye Institute performed by Dr Kishore Raj Pradhan. The surgery was a success and my vision is perfect now. However after about a month I got a phlycten on my right eye and was taken care of by FML. It came back again after a week of stopping FML in the form of a marginal keratitis. Over the 3-4 months this vicious cycle continued. This is the tenth month post surgery and I still have infllammations every now and then with foreign body senstations, dull burning pain. Artificial tear drops only give short temporary relief. It's not so bad in the open air, but in air conditioned environments it's still unmanagable. Add 8 hrs computer work to this, and it's still a nightmare. However after using a bolle tracker II safety goggles couple of months ago as a moisture chamber goggles in front the of the screen made computer work a bit tolerable. I'm a bit concerned about the dryness still continuing even after 10 months post op. Most info on the web about smile say that the dryness lasts for 3-6 months. There are hardly any info on people suffering for longer terms of period. I still use FML everytime I get a flareup. I've on cyclosporine drops for 5 weeks after consulting with Dr Kishore. I still can't see much progress. If there's anyone out there who's had similar issues like mine after a smile surgery and how their dry eyes got better, please share your story with me. It would give me some hope and inspiration.

Kirt
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
Working...
X