Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASIK - First message

Hi,

Here's my story: I had LASIK done in September of last year in the UK in Moorfields eye hospital, so over 6 months ago. I had some complications with DLK stage-1, that thankfully is sorted out. The dry eye problem though did not go away, and it affects my left eye much worse than my right, which coincidentally was also most severely affected by the DLK. For background information I do also suffer from mild psoriasis and eczema so I have to look after my skin.
    The dry eye seems to be worst in the mornings. It used to be that it was too painful to open my eyes in the morning. It improved a little and now I can open my eye with discomfort and I put in artificial tear supplement called "Refresher" which I believe is closest to natural tear. My left eye is normally very blood shot in the morning and slowly improves during the day.
    I have read through the FAQ and it is obvious I don't know exactly what the problem with my eye is or if I should be trying any other treatments. I will try to consult with my local optician, but in the meantime just to say Hi and thanks for a great site.

Regards
    Adam

Hi Adam and welcome! I'm sorry you have dry eye problems. I can really relate to your experience:

The dry eye seems to be worst in the mornings. It used to be that it was too painful to open my eyes in the morning. It improved a little and now I can open my eye with discomfort and I put in artificial tear supplement called "Refresher" which I believe is closest to natural tear. My left eye is normally very blood shot in the morning and slowly improves during the day.
    I had the same problems upon awakening until I learned to apply some moisture onto my closed eyelids before actually opening my eyes inthe morning. What I do is keep a glass of water in easy reach on my nightstand. When I wake up I do not immediately open my eyes...I dip my finger into the water, moisten my eyes and let it seep in until I can easily open my eyes. Once I can open my eyes without resistance, I use some drops.

Sometimes my eyes dry out a lot in the night causing my eyelids to stick to my eyeball. I've found it's better to ease them open with a teensy bit of water than to force them open and suffer the consequences. A stuck lid can tear off epithelial cells causing pain, redness and all-around misery for the rest of the day.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
    X