Recently diagnosed with blepharitis/meibomianitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently diagnosed with blepharitis/meibomianitis

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself.

I was recently diagnosed with blepharitis/meibomianitis.

I noticed something was wrong when I got a stye recently. Although it came to a head and drained relatively quickly, the redness and inflammation around it seemed to linger. I ended up seeing my GP, who put me on oral and topical antibiotics which reduced (but didn't clear) the redness and inflammation. I then saw an ophthalmologist who diagnosed me with blepharitis/meibomianitis. Apparently my meibomian glands are quite blocked up. She prescribed me a regime of daily warm compresses and fusidic acid drops at night for two weeks. Interestingly she didn't see any active infections in the inflamed area of my eyelid (although she did note that the area is red), and apparently aside from the blocked glands, my eyes are quite healthy. The inflammation hasn't really settled since my appointment, but I am now thinking it might be because I've been too aggressive with my cleaning and ointment use - which led to irritation. I will talk more about it in another thread.

When I was looking up information online about blepharitis, this website was often returned in the search results, and I found it valuable as a resource. I hope to learn from others' and share my own experiences.

Thanks for reading!
Working...
X