New here got lots of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here got lots of questions

Hey everyone hope all of you are having a good day(dry eye free day ).I am 19 year old male . i was diagnosed with dry eyes a few months back about 5-6 months ago.
    The opthalmologist didnt exactly point me out the problem but when he examined my eye through the slit lamp he described to the intern sitting next to him that my tear film wasnt functioning properly he said that when you see through the slit lamp u can see a flow/ stream of tears clearly . but in my case it wasnt very prominent. He said it i was facing aqueous deficiency.
    i developed the condition because of heavy computer use.it was pretty mild at first.but it just kept on getting worse The real thing is my symtoms are a bit different. i here people saying about eye pain inflammation light sensitivty etc. but i have non of these i have no pain no inflammation no light sensititvity no reddness no soreness but i do have is constant heavy eye fatigue / eye strain is this normal for a mild or moderate dry eye patient? My eyelids become heavy sometimes. i am using systane balanced 6-8 times a day but they dont make any difference. i read somewhere that constant eye strain can cause such vision problems. Other then eye strain i have halos and starbrusts. It feels like the eye is absorbing more light then usual and a fluctuation in the vision cant really explain it but my vision isnt blurry its just i cant see properly . when on a computer or laptop i read anything the characters seem like thy have a slight light emitting out of them. which make my eye strain worse. the only thing that helps me reduce the strain is Good food or cold water and a good night sleep.
    My cornea size is a bit smaller then usual (If that helps)
    and i have -5.00 in left and 5.50 in right i am wearing spectacles since the last time i can remember. i never wore lenses in my life never. so we can regulate that out.

it would really help me if somebody could relate to this or pin point my exact problem. I am a fellow from pakistan sorry english isnt my native language.
    Though it is a developing country dry eye is pretty rare and unfamiliar disease here so i cant find much medication here.

Some questions:

Are the halos , glares and starbrusts permanent? or is there a solution to them. Can the dry eyes cause these or is this somthing else?
    one more thing . from the past few days my eyes feel like they have gotten bigger i know it sounds funny but its like they have become hard. i dont know if im overthinking this but it is like this.
    Last edited by Uxama1122; 12-Nov-2014, 05:49.

A little input please anyone?

Comment

Hi Uxama,

With Dry eyes and heavy computer use, comes fatigue and tired heavy eyes and lids. I see starbursts at night with the lights, so I wear special tint glasses that help with the glare. I am not sure how to answer about the halos or size of cornea, I guess you should write down some of those questions and ask your eye doctor, they sould be able to answer any question you have, if they dont......you should look for another doctor. I have seen about 4 different eye doctors and am still not completely satisfied. You are young, so hopefully this is just over computer use for you. Hope this helped at least a little.

Comment

Originally posted by runnergirl View Post
        Hi Uxama,

With Dry eyes and heavy computer use, comes fatigue and tired heavy eyes and lids. I see starbursts at night with the lights, so I wear special tint glasses that help with the glare. I am not sure how to answer about the halos or size of cornea, I guess you should write down some of those questions and ask your eye doctor, they sould be able to answer any question you have, if they dont......you should look for another doctor. I have seen about 4 different eye doctors and am still not completely satisfied. You are young, so hopefully this is just over computer use for you. Hope this helped at least a little.
        Thank you for replying. One question Are you using any artificial tears? And do they provide any relief. What i feel is that My problem with halos and starbrust is surface dryness. Sometimes very rare even though the tears don't help but for a second there the halos and starbrust reduce. It feels like the tear is not reaching the tear film. Don't know if it makes any sense. But i kinda feel like that.

I have a appointment lined up with the opthamologist tomorrow. Any advice will be Helpful

Comment

Because I am unfamiliar with halos and starbursts, My advice is to write down all your questions so you do not forget any when you are there. For some reason, my eyes feel great when I am sitting in the doctors office, so I forget my questions - that is why I write them down. Make sure he gives you some solid answers for them. There are a lot of over the counter artificial tear drops. I hate to say it but you have to try one at a time until you find the best one for you. I use sustaine and refresh plus. Good luck tomorrow. Let me know how you do!

Comment

Working...
          X