Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Luke and I am glad to finally be member of this forum. I am a 19 year-old who has unfortunately been diagnosed with dry eye. With this introduction I hope to give some background as to who I am, and explain what is going on with my eyes.

My eyes have been a source of much stress and confusion for me as over the last several months a great number of permanent red lines have appeared in my eyes. I've always had a few red lines, but now there isn't a part of my eye that isn't covered with them. From a distance they aren't visible, but up close they are almost impossible to not to notice. Over these last few months I have been too afraid to do any activities or even venture outside, in fear that I might be causing them further harm. I am constantly worried about how bad they might look in the future, as I am only 19 and they already look godawful.

I have visited a few eye-doctors, and only the most recent one has been able to give me some advice. He told me that I have some form of dye-eye, and told me to do the following treatment:

Use Ocusoft wipes(4X a day over next 2-weeks)
    Use warm compresses(4X a day)
    Refresh lubricant eye drops

I have been doing this treatment for about 3-days now, and while I suppose it is working a bit(my eyes feel less dry), but there are still red lines that seem to be developing.

I really hope I can get to know everyone here, and I would love any tips if possible. Thank you, and I wish everyone a lovely day.

I know I haven't received any responses yet, but I might as well update my info and give some more accurate details about my condition:

My eyes have numerous red veins
    There is a slight twitching around the eye area(Is is Blepharospasm?)
    dry,sensitive and highly irritated eyes

I have been using blepharitis treatment with occusoft pad wipes, artificial tears and warm compress; but I'm not sure much progress is being made.

Help please?

Comment

Working...
    X