Feeling Discouraged..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

That may be my next stop then, no lie. I’m exhausting all other fields of medicine.
    Probably a good idea to ask them first if that's their kind of domain, before handing over any more money. It was just suggested to me that I see one if I wanted to further examine whether eyelid floppiness was a factor for me.

Next on the list would be a witch doctor I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by Meibum Ian View Post

Probably a good idea to ask them first if that's their kind of domain, before handing over any more money. It was just suggested to me that I see one if I wanted to further examine whether eyelid floppiness was a factor for me
      I got great insurance and my deductible is met...so it would be free or a 50 dollar copay. I wouldn’t mind paying that for an opinion. Might as well, figure out what’s going on over here.

Comment

The one I saw spent more time examining my blink than anyone else (but thought it wasn't a factor).

Comment

I would look into hormone issues. The birth control issue with women and dry eye seem to have connection. Maybe testosterone cream or something on the eyes.

No LASIK. Did you take Accutane?

I understand the homebound life/hell. I went from living in a huge Asian metropolis with an amazing lifestyle, friends and job to living in my bedroom at my moms house listening to audiobooks since July 2nd. Definitely considered suicide more than once.

For me it was getting at the inflammation with steroids that helped. And lab goggles. I live in them and actually ordered s box of 5. I wear one for a few weeks then its kind of broken. 5$ a pair. Sleep in them too.

Hypocholoric acid on the eyes to kill the bacteria which become soap and cause burning.

Lid scrubs? I dont like them. Blepharitis is not my issue. Have you tried?

Comment

How well do you sleep? Do you wake up a lot to put drops in? Are you worse in the morning or are you good in the morning and get worse as the day progresses?

I think for most of us on the forum, it’s trying to find the cause of the problem. For me, I was sleeping with my eyes open. Now that I’m taping my eyes shut at night and controlling inflammation, tings are better. Not perfect, but better. I’m still looking for some relief from some lingering issues, but finding my root cause has changed things a lot.

Hope you get some relief.
            For a person whose eyes get worse progressively as the day passes, what could be the cause?

Comment

Originally posted by edmunder View Post
              I would look into hormone issues. The birth control issue with women and dry eye seem to have connection. Maybe testosterone cream or something on the eyes.

No LASIK. Did you take Accutane?

I understand the homebound life/hell. I went from living in a huge Asian metropolis with an amazing lifestyle, friends and job to living in my bedroom at my moms house listening to audiobooks since July 2nd. Definitely considered suicide more than once.

For me it was getting at the inflammation with steroids that helped. And lab goggles. I live in them and actually ordered s box of 5. I wear one for a few weeks then its kind of broken. 5$ a pair. Sleep in them too.

Hypocholoric acid on the eyes to kill the bacteria which become soap and cause burning.

Lid scrubs? I dont like them. Blepharitis is not my issue. Have you tried?
              How does HOCl become soap?

I thought it was the best non irritating option to kill bacteria on the lid margins.

Is it safe to be used on the lid margin?

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

For a person whose eyes get worse progressively as the day passes, what could be the cause?
                I wouldn’t know a cause of dry eye progressing through the day, but if you were symptomatic in the mornings, most likely you sleep with your eyes open. If you get more dry as the day progresses, you probably don’t have nocturnal lagopthalmos, so you can eliminate that as a cause.

Trying to eliminate as many possibilities that don’t fit and entertain the ones that do.

Comment

I wouldn’t know a cause of dry eye progressing through the day, but if you were symptomatic in the mornings, most likely you sleep with your eyes open. If you get more dry as the day progresses, you probably don’t have nocturnal lagopthalmos, so you can eliminate that as a cause.

Trying to eliminate as many possibilities that don’t fit and entertain the ones that do.
                  I definitely have nocturnal lagophthalmos. After taping my right eye for the last three days things have improved significantly. But I do feel my glands are not producing lipids at enough rate since in the morning I could see my lid margins quite shiny and nicely coated with lipids and feel quite normal even under a ceiling fan running at full RPM. But as the day progresses the shine on my lid margins and the coating of lipids on the same seem to diminish. I can clearly note the difference under a flash light in front of a mirror. The lid margins appear more matt if not absolutely dry and the shine is not as reflective as it's in the morning after I wake up.

Comment

I definitely have nocturnal lagophthalmos. After taping my right eye for the last three days things have improved significantly. But I do feel my glands are not producing lipids at enough rate since in the morning I could see my lid margins quite shiny and nicely coated with lipids and feel quite normal even under a ceiling fan running at full RPM. But as the day progresses the shine on my lid margins and the coating of lipids on the same seem to diminish. I can clearly note the difference under a flash light in front of a mirror. The lid margins appear more matt if not absolutely dry and the shine is not as reflective as it's in the morning after I wake up.
                    I’d say if you can, when things start to feel off, toss in your favorite drops and take a nap. If you feel good from sleeping, try using it as a tool to heal your eyes. Sounds like your assumption is correct. Either you’re not blinking completely, your oil quality is poor, production/expression is low. Sounds like you’re just evaporating quickly and over the course of the day, the exposure causes dryness and inflammation. So wearing moisture chambers to prevent evaporator and taking naps should help a lot. When my daughter naps, I nap or at least close my eyes and listen to a podcast. I’m lucky I get to watch her all day.

Comment

How does HOCl become soap?

I thought it was the best non irritating option to kill bacteria on the lid margins.

Is it safe to be used on the lid margin?

Hypochloric acid kills the bacteria so that the soapy discharge from bacteria doesnt happen.

Its good for the eye and for many people makes their eyes feel better.

Comment

JenessaP , I think it’s a good sign the IPLs help, even if only for a short time. I had a similar experience after each of the probe procedures I had where my eyes felt better each time for ~a week, then revert back to the same debilitating dryness that kept me homebound. I had to try many different diet changes until I found what helped me produce better oils from the inside so my glands didn’t get blocked up again, and also helped my lacrimal glands produce more tears. I have not had a probe for over three years now.

Perhaps make more diet changes one at a time, as you continue with your IPLs. I prefer food as my medicine, but some people have also found doxycycline helps thin their oils from within.

I documented my dry eye journey a few months ago, in case something here might help you, if at minimum, to give encouragement that it’s very possible to get better:

https://www.dryeyestories.com/new-bl...ous-deficiency

Hope you find more relief soon.

Comment

Hi Jenessa!

Wow, what an ordeal! I am so sorry. And yes hospitals really are the very worst, aren't they?

To me this sounds like exactly the right situation for PROSE.
                          Rebecca Petris
                          The Dry Eye Foundation
                          dryeyefoundation.org
                          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                          X