EMBD cornea erosion, eyes stuck shut at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMBD cornea erosion, eyes stuck shut at night

Newbie with possible EMBD and corneal erosions.
    dang I lost my first post. Maybe it will show up later. Sorry folks it’s long but complete.

Nightmare eyes flared;
    Last June ran to emerg with first erosion with an ulcer. Treated with Muto128 ointment and muro drops for three months
    Followed up with eye Doc not to concerned, thought it was due to my eyelashes that grow inwards. She Plucked some out.

Being telling her since 2011 about mild dry eye. Gave me paper test back then came out ok.

Told doc for past year my left eye losing vision. She said it’s fine. She’s now exploring EMBD will know this Wednesday outcome.

Mid sept brought in swim googles and showed eye doc (Thanks all for this helpful hint and more as I have been lurking) Not believing me that I really needed them when reading she gave me the paper in eye test and said your not making tears fat but only mucus.
    Finally she recognized me and wrote me up for xiidra and Doxy 100 mg extreme dry eye. Filled prescription then realized I can’t take because of irritable bowel syndrome. Will talk to her about alternate drugs this wed. I heard 50 or 20 mg is just as effective. Wondering if I should try and see if it’s gut friendly at lower s dose. Any thoughts folks? Second erosion other day. Dealt with it on my own.

listed below and done religiously last six weeks not helping much
    Doing hylo gel drops,
    tranquil compress three times a day ,
    omegas, vit d, luetin,
    noheat/ Ac in house since last summer. Bedroom humidity 53-68 registers closed off, bowl of water by bed
    severe screen time and reading decreased.
    One cup coffee a week no alcohol
    16 cups water day
    daily outdoorwalks show help for a couple hours

tested for Sjögren last week and results discussion wed with eye doc. Negative but have dry mouth and nose, arthritis so I think positive. Prediabetic but we’ll controll med levels with great A1C tests

REAL DILEMMA at night!
    Eye lids stuck down fast to eyeball.
    Nite ointment useless as eyes start sticking after 10-15 min upon closing. Stuck completely shut after two hours. Takes about 20-half hour to open in morn or middle of night. Feeling way to bathroom can’t open eyes.
    To open eyes water on lash line, wait to seep in. Doesn’t ,Tranquil hot compress for ten min then slowly flutter eyes inside lids still completely stuck shut still. Finally open to sore eyes and sneak in 4 drops of hylo to open. Xiidra one hour later.
    I use to just pick lid off eyeball but doc said stop. It was quickest way to open but yes that may give erosion.

Working...
X