Vernal keratoconjunctivitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernal keratoconjunctivitis

I was wondering whether anyone has been diagnosed with this condition. I came across this on the Internet. One of the symptoms are trantas dots. These are white dots which appear on the edges of the Iris. I experience these often usually when I have a flare up.
    ​​​​​

VKC - happen to read this from Opometry Today's twitter

''Treatment for rare allergic eye condition launched:
    Santen has released ciclosporin eye drops for the treatment of severe vernal keratoconjunctivitis''

Treatment for rare allergic eye condition launched

Santen has released ciclosporin eye drops for the treatment of severe vernal keratoconjunctivitis
    29 Oct 2018 by Selina Powell

A treatment has been launched for the severe allergic eye condition, vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC).
    Pharmaceutical company, Santen, has released Verkazia for the treatment of VKC in children from four years of age to adolescents.
    Verkazia significantly improved damage to the surface of the eye and reduced symptoms of severe VKC in a phase III trial.
    There was a 68% improvement in photophobia, 58% improvement in tearing, 72% improvement in itching and 67% improvement in mucous discharge compared to controls.
    The eye drop emulsion contains 0.1% ciclosporin. The recommended dose of Verkazia will be one drop administered four times a day in each affected eye.
    The European Commission granted approval for Verkazia in July 2018 as an orphan medicinal product for severe VKC. The condition holds rare disease status in Europe.
    https://www.aop.org.uk/ot/science-an...ition-launched
    Last edited by MGD1701; 11-Nov-2018, 03:46.

Comment

Working...
    X