Don't know what's left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know what's left

Hi everyone, my name is Jonathan and I'm 21 years old and had dry eyes for 8 years already (started really young). I'm getting really desperate since I've tried many different treatments and went to 4 different ophthalmologists and still I can't bear living with my eyes on a daily basis. In the past I've tried :

1) Lotemax (topical steroids) : 4 times a day with no success
    2) Pataday, Patanol as anti allergies drops and no success (did twice an allergy test and came back negative)
    3) Glasses with humid chambers (still no success with these)
    4) Humidifier : didn't see much difference

Now I am currently on :

1) Restasis twice a day (been on them for 4 years or even 5 and still don't see much difference)
    2) Doxycycline (been on that for 2 months now and still no changes)
    3) Omega 3 (everyday for at least 2 years, no changes)
    4) Ointment at night (different type), don't see much changes in the morning and lately the one I've been using, when I wake up i still have some left so when I apply restasis it hurts like hell
    5) I've had plugs in the bottom of the eyes for 4 years (don't see much differences)
    6) Even tried plug in the upper part, but my eyes were way too watery (and still hurt sometimes)
    7) Artificial tears (tried like 10 types) and it helps but for only like an hour, then I go back to hurting
    8) Wash my eyelids (been doing it for 3 years)
    9) Using warm compresses (been doing it for 6 months)

Still, even after all these treatments it still hurt a lot, don't know what to do anymore, last time i went to the doctor he said that was about all the treatments she could think of to help me with my dry eyes. Most of the tests they do come back with pretty good results and don't indicate severe dry eyes, even though it hurts like crazy. I'm thinking of stopping all the treatments, since I've been doing it for a long time, maybe my eyes just need a fresh start. I don't know what to do, I'm 21 years old and can't even imagine how I can live a full life with this, it's starting to be an obsession. Any suggestions appreciated !
Working...
X