New to Forum...share my experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

With the blephasteam it’s a different heat, it’s not putting a heat on my sclera too much, it’s more so concentrated around the eyelids so I think that’s helps. Whereas hot compresses just react differently to me, not good at all. If I’m gonna be honest I rarely use my blephasteam, however I do believe it’s a remarkable device. I don’t have any gland cappings and I think it truly is just a malfunction of my glands not producing enough oil. So heat really is ineffective to me.

Heat really should only be used for those who have capped glands and need to express the oil, and if you don’t have that problem I.e (us with gland loss) then it’s really defeating the purpose. However I do believe it’s good to use occasionally to keep the remaining glands clear and in healthy order.

I do use cold cold presses every day however my version of cold presses is water that I have in the freezer,I get it quite cold and I splash that on my eyes for like 1 minute a couple time a day. It relieves the redness and the more you do it the more the inflammation is bartered down. Really get onto some dry eyes shields they are the single most important thing for anyone with dry eyes it seriously kills the inflammation and redness. Wish I got them a year earlier had I known. I understand you need prescription lenses fitted, keep trying to find someone that can do it don’t give up, it’s imperative to allow your eyes to heal as much as they’re capable of, you can be in a whole different world of comfort if you can give your eyes the chance to heal from the constant evaporation of the aqueous layer.
    I am going to try cold eye compress - I have a mask you can keep in the freezer lying around which I never got round to using, mainly because I was focused on improving the state of my glands but if it is going to help inflammation then I have nothing to lose.

You are right I am fighting a constant battle with inflammation because of the constant evaporation. I am working towards finding a solution either with sclerals or prescription moisture chamber glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

I am going to try cold eye compress - I have a mask you can keep in the freezer lying around which I never got round to using, mainly because I was focused on improving the state of my glands but if it is going to help inflammation then I have nothing to lose.

You are right I am fighting a constant battle with inflammation because of the constant evaporation. I am working towards finding a solution either with sclerals or prescription moisture chamber glasses.
      Sounds good! Definitely cold presses help!

Comment

Really get onto some dry eyes shields they are the single most important thing for anyone with dry eyes it seriously kills the inflammation and redness. Wish I got them a year earlier had I known.
        What are these dry eye shields?

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post

What are these dry eye shields?
          I guess more commonly known as moisture chamber goggles. I really should use that terminology.

Comment

I guess more commonly known as moisture chamber goggles. I really should use that terminology.
            Ahhh, got it! Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

I think I had inflammation of the sclera very red eyes however the inflammation seems to be gone now and it’s just some red veins are left. After steroids the inflammation was pretty much gone. Cold presses and dry eye glasses have gotten me to a point that I can’treally notice the dry eyes tooooo much. Still need eye drops multiple times a day. If I did the steroids and compressed and dry eyes shields done at one time the inflammation would have subsided in a matter of weeks like 1/2. However I was doing very warm compresses and it was seriously inflaming my eyes. Until 7 months later I discovered cold compresses when I realised my glands aren’t blocked they’re actually just not producing oil.
              How did you come to know that your glands aren’t producing oils?

Comment

Originally posted by Dryinvancity View Post

How did you come to know that your glands aren’t producing oils?
                Well I had lipiflow done and I also have no cappings on any of my glands. Low oil Could be due to tortuosity of my glands due to moderate atrophy causing the glands to move around from their original position. To be honest it’s hard to know why it’s hapening I’m currently trying to reduce a Demodex infestation of my eyes too this could help with kicking the glands back into action by killing microbes that are damaging and literally eating the contents of the glands and the glands itself. I know my oil production is low cause my eyes are dry as **** without something helping with evaporation (ie. moisture chamber and or sunglasses) lol.

Comment

Thank you the site has been great and I am gaining a much better understanding of the condition.

I was on doxy 100 mg x2 a day for a month and then 100 mg x1 a day for a month. I was prescribed lotmax for one of my eyes at the same time but I didn’t take since I didn’t think it was that bad...taking it now. I don’t know if it helped...going for a follow up next week. Am going to ask for more doxy.

I believe that rosacea is a culprit here...amongst contacts and computers. I have mild rosacea on my face and have done ipl for it. Going to try it out for my dry eye.

thank you for all the information!
                  I too am starting to think I have ocular rosacea, I have a lot of inflammation under my eyebrows and have for a lot of years now. And only now it’s starting to create problems. I did think it was seborrheic dermatitis however I now think it is rosacea which can cause the meibomian glands to malfunction and cause low oil production.

Comment

I too am starting to think I have ocular rosacea, I have a lot of inflammation under my eyebrows and have for a lot of years now. And only now it’s starting to create problems. I did think it was seborrheic dermatitis however I now think it is rosacea which can cause the meibomian glands to malfunction and cause low oil production.
                    I would never have guessed I had ocular rosacea and even now despite the horrific pain I’m in you would not know that there is anything wrong with me. My lower lid meibmian glands are red and inflamed, some/half have atrophied and I have lost one in each lid. I felt better on doxy but want to finish my ipl first...hoping for pain relief soon.

Comment

I would never have guessed I had ocular rosacea and even now despite the horrific pain I’m in you would not know that there is anything wrong with me. My lower lid meibmian glands are red and inflamed, some/half have atrophied and I have lost one in each lid. I felt better on doxy but want to finish my ipl first...hoping for pain relief soon.
                      once you reduce the inflammation your eyes won’t hurt anymore, you should buy some wileyx moisture glasses of wish.com they cost $2 and have changed my
                      life.
                      You need to be doing cold compresses ASAP, multiple times a day put cold tap water on them. If you’re at work and go to the toilet splash water on your eyes. Gotta start reducing the inflammation. Ipl is good, takes a while to work you gotta start on reducing the inflammation now.

have you got red eyes? Or do you have lots of dryness in air conditioning? What do you mean by pain? I’ve never had eye pain, do you mean discomfort or is it like razors pain? Please be specific so I can try and help you.
                      Last edited by Topher3; 03-Feb-2019, 22:46. Reason: Close your eyes when splashing water if it’s not self explanatory haha

Comment

once you reduce the inflammation your eyes won’t hurt anymore, you should buy some wileyx moisture glasses of wish.com they cost $2 and have changed my
                        life.
                        You need to be doing cold compresses ASAP, multiple times a day put cold tap water on them. If you’re at work and go to the toilet splash water on your eyes. Gotta start reducing the inflammation. Ipl is good, takes a while to work you gotta start on reducing the inflammation now.

have you got red eyes? Or do you have lots of dryness in air conditioning? What do you mean by pain? I’ve never had eye pain, do you mean discomfort or is it like razors pain? Please be specific so I can try and help you.
                        I would have splashed the water on my eyes!! Lol! I have inflammation in my left eye...comes and goes for months...my right eye started having throbbing pain about 2 weeks ago...am going to see the dr about that as I have not had pain in my right eye before.

My eyes are not red at all...they look fine...they are dry but my left is inflamed (or how I would describe the feeling).

I found the glasses...thanks for all the tips! These are things the doctors don’t tell you.

Comment

Working...
                        X