No announcement yet.

Hello and I hate my red eyes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TARYN thanks again for sharing your experience. I am happy that this removal surgery worked well for you, but not every pinguecula / conjunctivochalasis removal surgery's outcome is positive as far as I read from other patients' experiences in this forum or in other platforms. GreekGirl this is an invasive surgery and you have to be careful before deciding on such an intervention in your eyes. You can check on youtube how this surgery is done via searching "pinguecula / pterygium surgery".

Comment

That's great Taryn! So you had both pinguecula and conjunctivochalasis and both were corrected in the same procedure?

And prior to the surgery did you have red eyes all the time and were they very dry?

Comment

I missed your post Chuto when I was responding to Taryn. Yes I appreciate what you are saying. I'm rather squeamish so not sure I can watch You Tube videos of the procedure but I will ask my doctor about it and then do some research. I also had another very kind user message me with details of a team of ophthalmologists here who did a study on surgical treatment of conjunctivochalasis using radiofrequencies. The hospital they are based at is fairly close to me so I might try to get an appointment with one of them - if only for a second opinion of my condition and what exactly is wrong with my eyes.

Comment

Hi Chuto, I agree with you. You must choose the right doctor and also the manor in which the surgery is performed. My doctor pioneered the procedure. What was of vital importance was the placement of the amniotic membrane over the area where he removed the damaged conjunctival tissue. The amniotic membrane helped the surgical area heal smoothly and without scarring.
          I traveled to have the surgery with him because like you said, there are probably bad outcomes if the doctor doesn't have the kind of experience he should; have or is not using the right technique.

GreekGirl My eye with the chalasis was red a good deal of the time and burned and was dry. The eye with the pinguecula was not as red as the eye with chalasis but teared.
          The surgery solved these problems. My eyes are very comfortable and clear looking. For me it was a miracle because I went to so many doctors before this and nothing really made a difference

Comment

May I ask which country you did the surgery in, Taryn?

Comment

I had my surgery in Miami, Florida USA
              Here is a before photo taken by the doctor, a photo at one week post op and a photo at 7 weeks post op taken by me. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7442.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	223022Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6142.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	223023Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5407.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	223024

Comment

That's a pretty impressive improvement Taryn. Did your eyes hurt post-op?

Comment

My eyes felt comfortable immediately. There is a 3 week healing period for all the redness to go away from where he took the damaged tissue and where he placed the amniotic membrane but during that period there was no discomfort. I was on steroid drops and antibiotic drops for 3 weeks. The steroid drops were 3 times a day for the first week, then 2 times a day for the next week, then one time a day for the last week. I haven't used any steroid drops since. He wants you off them as soon as the healing is done.

Comment

Working...
                  X