vitamins and dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vitamins and dry eye

I have had dry eye for about three years and could not get 'stablilized'.(very painful/uncomfortable all of the time) Long story short i went to an internist to get tested for possiblity thyroid problems, sjogren's and /or RA and the request of my opthalmologist. Nothing on that score, thankfully , however she suggested to stop taking all vitamins; continue with flax. About 2 weeks after doing this new regime my eyes were and are more comfortable. i was taking a tremendous amount of vitamin a and other things...self medicating. also, i was taking a drug miralax of intestinal issues and she thought the combination of all of those might be causing some dehydration. Whatever.. i feel 90% better and generally more comfortable in the past month . i just want to offer this as a suggestion to others; not recommending anything, just be sure to talk with your doctors about all meds. i had given the same list of vitamins to seven doctors, but only one looked at the entire picture and ventured a new plan. i waited to post this until i had had more than a week of more comfortable days and nights.... things do seem to be better.
    prairie pal

hi nancy...
    oh its an interesting tips coming from you.. ...
    well u stop taking all the other vitamins?..wat kind of vitamin do u means?
    because, im currently taking fishoil (SevenSeas) and I don't quite think that I must stop it in favor of flaxseed....., although ur flaxseed provided relief to u.....

but, didn't u took flaxseed or anything containing omega3 BEFORE the time u "still" have dry eye?
    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

I had read somewhere that people who take an over abundance of vitamins can experience worsening DES symptoms. The million dollar questions are, how much is too much, and of which kind of vitamins? I always say, everything in moderation.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
      X