dry dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry dry eyes

Hello - - For approx. 5 years I've had chronic dry eyes and they've been getting worse each year. Tested negative for Sjogren's and other diseases that can cause dry eyes. Would appreciate any advice on products or doctors' located in the SE US who may be especiallly good at treating dry eye.

Hi Tonid,

Welcome to Dry Eye Talk! Glad you found us.

Can you tell us a little bit more about your condition and what you have tried so far? For example, do you happen to know any specific test results (Schirmer, TBUT)? If you've been using eyedrops, which kind(s)? Have you ever had punctal plugs inserted? Any prescription meds for dry eye? Any lid therapy? Nutritional supplements? Special eyewear? etc. Or, perhaps you have been there/done all that already and are more interested in new drug trials, national experts etc?

You may walk to look through our Dry Eye FAQ articles for patients, to glean for things that may be new to you or to ask additional questions about.

Regards,
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

What kind of testing?

I had blood work done for Sjogrens and it was negative. Then they did the lip biopsy. It was positive. My Schrimers test was positive. And my eyes and mouth are severely dry. This was enough for my Rheumatolgist to diagnoise Sjogrens. He told me that the positive lip biopsy was the test that cinched the decision and diagnosis. Sjogens can show up in the bloodwork for up to 7 years after you get it.
      B

Comment

Working...
      X