looking for dry eye supplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for dry eye supplement

My dad has severe pain related to dry eyes. He also has a laryngectomy & can't swallow fish oil capsules. In my search of the internet I came across a supplement that is a yogurt like consistency. Unfortunately I didn't order immediately & lost the name of it. Can anyone help me?

Could he take Flax Seed OIL ... in LIQUID form ... maybe even IN something else??

From what I've been told ... by a major dry eye researcher (whatever that's worth!) ... that's the best kind of oil and the best way to get it. He told ME to take two tablespoons each day.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rxplac
      In my search of the internet I came across a supplement that is a yogurt like consistency. Can anyone help me?

Welcome rxplac! I did a google search and came up with a product that states it is "a delicious pudding-like alternative to capsules". It's called Coromega. The link I opened showed it being sold on amazon.com I hope this helps your dad!

mj

Comment

Thanks for quick replies

Thank you both. Neil, has the flaxseed oil seemed to make any difference? He certainly is willing to try anything but I was just wondering if it helped you. Has anyone else out there tried it?

Comment

Hi rxplac,
          I take fish oill and flaxseed oil. They help, but they are by no means a cure or quick fix. This is a 2 steps forward, 1 step back, type of thing. No one item is going to instantly fix anything, but if you keep doing lots of little things DAILY! Eventually you see some progress . But it seems so slow, you really have to be prepared for the long run.
          I know it must be difficult to see your Dad in pain, and frustrating to hear that there is no quick fix, I never thought I would get any better, but after a very long year, I can report I am doing much better.
          Not cured, but better than last year for sure!

God Bless,

Comment

Working...
          X