No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I have just discovered this site and have read you all in amazement. Wow, you have all gone through this too. Lucy, from September through the end of last year I was very close to giving up, I think it cost me my job. But, and I hope you are finding this out by this time, it can get better. I had DES for many years and self treated so I did not recognize where it was leading, or how bad it would get. Anyway during this last and worst episode (now treated medically) I also went to a homeopath, whose first prescription for me was Sulpher 30 x which I got at my co-op. Rosaciea is on of my underlying problems. So this tiny little pill I took am and pm did not seem to help my eyes, but gradually I think that I was changed. A life long mouse, I began to speak up, with my old job ending I pitched a new job idea to my boss....I didn't get it but just that I had the nerve to do such a thing, still astounds me. Other things too, like not being so sensitive to criticism, and saying what I want to say. What I think the sulpher did was to ease up that hard-arsed judge in my head. I don't know how it did this but this in itself helped the depression I was going through with my eyes, my teeth and my job ending. I am 66, so I've lived with myself for a long time--I know a new me when I am one....I know it sounds crazy, but it is a site better treatment than the pharmceuticals and like I said, this stronger me is just a side effect of the rosacia treatment. So I offer it because I know how cruel and depressing this disease is. It makes us judge ourselves; doubt ourselves. "What did I do wrong to deserve this DES and its pain and unsightlyness." So thank you all for being here, when I thought I was alone.
    Eileen

Hi Eileen-
    You're just what I needed today. I am having a particularly bad day. One eye is &&*&^% up bad and I just went to lie down for awhile with ice on it. I am having some sort of Sjogrens flare, or basically sick, whatever it is--I am miserable.

I laughed when I read your comments about everything. I have to go now as I have an appt for a massage. It doesn't do much for my eyes, but when I am sick body-wise sometimes it's the best I can do. Thanks for your good humor.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy

Hi Lucy,
      This is one of the periods where you need to be just good to yourself. Massage, rest and rice baggies. Plenty of soup and juices. Hydrate that system. Sjogren's is no fun, I know first hand. Get your body ready for Spring and all the glory that comes with it. Rest up, it's coming with a bang this year!

I'm a little like LaRue. I gave up my life last year because of the dry eyes and neuropathy. I could barely walk. Then I made the trip to Mayo and that mentally forced me into doing things I never knew I could do. I planted 30 little bedding plants yesterday with a fractured ankle. I just drug the garden chair around with me. Life is what you make it basically, and you just have to make it the best you are able to do.

Have a good day all and Lucy...get better soon. We need your funny voice on here.

Billye

Comment

A welcome hug to ((( ((( ((( Eileen ))) ))) ))) !

And hugs to ((( ((( ((( Lucy ))) ))) ))) ... feel better dear friend!

And ((( ((( ((( Billye ))) ))) ))) ... I hope your pain goes away as your plants grow tall!

Comment

I hope your pain goes away as your plants grow tall!
          I can't resist this one: I hope your plants grow taller than me, otherwise they'll be hard to see.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Gosh Thanks

Lucy, Silverlady, Melody and all, you make me feel good and I thank you. I am meditating out good vibes to you Lucy. Lush, lacrimal vibes. Warm, humid healing vibes are coming your way. Please feel these and feel better.
            Thank you all again.
            Eileen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
              I can't resist this one: I hope your plants grow taller than me, otherwise they'll be hard to see.

Lucius, just exactly how tall are you?
              If I fluff my hair, I'm 5' 3".

There's probably a study out there somewhere that relates dry eye to the proportional distance your eyes are to the ground ... (I, ummmm, added that thought to keep my note "on topic" in case "the almighty" is watching ... )

Comment

Llv

Originally posted by Eileen Larue
                I am meditating out good vibes to you Lucy. Lush, lacrimal vibes. Warm, humid healing vibes are coming your way.
                Lush Lacrimal Vibes? I love it!

Eileen, it sounds like something you should bottle and sell ... or maybe the name of a garage band!

Comment

If I fluff my hair, I'm 5' 3".
                  You'd really like to know, huh, MJ? We've known each other for what..7 years? It's eating at you now, isn't it? Well, I won't make you wait. If I fluff and/or spike my hair, add 2 inch heels, I might hit the 5'3" mark. So, you're the taller.

But, that doesn't count for anything. I have personally seen Cindy, Rebecca and Mary and they are heads and shoulders above us. So, it's not a vertically challenge thing. The Almighty "might" overlook this if we give him a wink. I dunno, but he probably gets bored at his day job and the likes of short, mature ladies with dry eyes chit-chatting over nonsense probably doesn't bother him. Just my guess. Let's not push it though.
                  Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

1) Lucy has the presence ... she carries herself ... like a woman at least six feet tall;

2) Eileen: nice, nice job on the warm humid vibes. It's actually muggy today in San Diego!

Carry on....

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                      If I fluff and/or spike my hair, add 2 inch heels, I might hit the 5'3" mark. Lucy
                      Hey, this is great! If I squash my hair, go barefoot and crouch a bit ... we'd be bookends! kEwL!
                      Last edited by MJ; 16-Mar-2007, 13:09. Reason: spellcheck

Comment

MJ
                        If you're really in the "spirit," shaving your head would do. Yes, I'd rather you try that first.
                        Luce

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Roflol

You all are absolutely impossible, but we love you anyway!

Billye

Comment

((( Billye ))) How are the little plants coming? And how's your ankle doing?

Lucy Lou, I am NOT shaving my head for you! We'll just have to invest in a decent pair of three inch spiked heels for you ... Did you know if you hang upside down and then measure ... you're taller? I've never tested this theory myself, but you could try it and report back to us.

And another hug for ((( Eileen ))) ... I hope this thread is cheering you up!

mj

Comment

You guys crack me up. - I was out of town for a coupla weeks and now that I'm back the Almighty is gone, but when he's back we're definitely getting chat reinstalled.
                              Rebecca Petris
                              The Dry Eye Foundation
                              dryeyefoundation.org
                              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                              X