Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thyroid (TSH) levels...Question

Hi all,
    I just got back the results of some blood work that I had done. My doctor has not seen them yet but will this coming Thursday.
    My TSH level is 1.3, with a range of 0.38-5.5 mU/L. Two years ago it was at 2.0. I realize that 1.3 is within range but it sounds kind of low and I was wondering whether anyone is familiar with any of this.
    Look forward to hearing from anyone with info.
    Thanks,
    Elaine

Hello!

Your TSH-level seems perfectly fine to me. I've been told the levels may change a bit from time to time,...it can be influented by what you eat, when in the day it is, etc.

The lower the TSH-level is, the higher your metabolism is. You also measured the FT4-level I suppose. This tests indicates the level of thyroid hormons in the blood (the higher level, the more hormons you've got in your blood). The most important thyroid blood-test is the TSH though,..as this is the real indicator of your metabolism.

I'm not a doctor and I kind of lack the medical vocabulary, but I hope you understand what I was trying to explain anyway.

Greetings, Toril
    Last edited by Toril; 11-Apr-2007, 03:21. Reason: Typing error

Comment

Hi--

I recently had the same TSH tests--mine was at 5.57, a little high. What this means to me is that my body is low on thyroid, and the Stimulating Hormone is trying to increase it. I go back in May to get another test (more comprehensive), and may have to start taking thyroid meds.

The figures show how much Stimulation the thyroid gland needs. Sound like your lower figure might means your thyroid's functioning more efficiently than it was in your previous test (but the difference is small).

For some people, it's more how you feel and function with the level you have. Recently, there was talk about changing the "normal" parameters to a narrower range--upper level at 3.5. That would mean, in my case, that I have low thyroid output.

But I feel fine, not sluggish, energy OK, no problems. We'll see what the next test reveals.

C66

Comment

Working...
      X