17 and diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 and diagnosed

I have been diagnosed with FMS and Chronic Dry Eye within the past 6 months. I also have Chronic Allergic Conjunctivitis, TMJ, GAD, OCD, as well as other oddball things.

I thought this place might be able to help me...

I am not familiar with your exact situation, but I am young (22) as well, and know exactly what you are going through. There are alot of younger people on this message board that are all willing to help where they can.

Comment

i'm 20 and have had dry eye / other irritating eye problems since i was 14. as untkicker said, there are other people here who are having to deal with dry eye at a young age.

have faith, search for a great doctor, and try out different medical procedures until you find something that works for you. don't give up until you find a way to atleast somewhat manage your situations and realize that you might have to make a few life adjustments to deal w/ dry eye (ex. i've figured out who my real friends are, i can't get by on no sleep, and i can't party nearly as heavily as some of my friends because of my eye problems).

i know it seems so hard to deal with this sometimes because you might feel like no one understands what you are going though at your age, but realize that there are tons of helpful people here that can answer your questions. good luck with everything!
      -Amy

Comment

Working...
      X